IGNORED

tonights referee is Andy Davies

Have we had him for a competitive game since? I know Bournemouth in a friendly.

Seem to recall he was initially pencilled in for Luton away- in fact his record with us is poor, awarded two penalties vs us at Preston in late September 2019 and was it a penalty against at QPR in the Cup August 2019?

Think @Olé posted this originally , a full run down would be good.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Have we had him for a competitive game since? I know Bournemouth in a friendly.

Seem to recall he was initially pencilled in for Luton away- in fact his record with us is poor, awarded two penalties vs us at Preston in late September 2019 and was it a penalty against at QPR in the Cup August 2019?

Think @Olé posted this originally , a full run down would be good.

Don't thinks so, I believe he did our opener at home to Blackpool last season. Not a lucky charm,

Had a look at the aforementioned Preston game.

Quite the match- a 3-3 draw, two penalties against us and two goals disallowed for us- few complaints about Preston's 3rd too. Perhaps one of our legitimate goals was also a bit suspect.

Indeed the QPR game in August was also 3-3, penalty against and some other controversy that I can't remember.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Quite the match- a 3-3 draw, two penalties against us and two goals disallowed for us- few complaints about Preston's 3rd too. Perhaps one of our legitimate goals was also a bit suspect.

Indeed the QPR game in August was also 3-3, penalty against and some other controversy that I can't remember.

Missed clear one for a foul on Scott, pretty sure the winning goal came from a corner that should have been a goal kick.

The QPR fan page (Loft for words, excellent) acknowledged that he gave them the “majority” of decisions.

He’s always reffed us like he was playing for the opposition.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Missed one for a foul on Scott, pretty sure the winning goal came from a corner that should have been a goal kick.

He’s always reffed us like he was playing for the opposition.

Ah do you mean the QPR game back in December?

I wad thinking of the one in the Cup 3 years back. Yes we should have had a penalty, we were 1-0 up and plsying well certainly in the most recent one. Their winner I don't remember so well.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ah do you mean the QPR game back in December?

I wad thinking of the one in the Cup 3 years back. Yes we should have had a penalty, we were 1-0 up and plsying well certainly in the most recent one. Their winner I don't remember so well.

Yes, he did that one, as has been pointed out already Pearson was fined for saying just how shit he was.

The Preston one was remarkable, must be the only ref not to realise they are experts at winning (2) penalties with dives, one of our disallowed goals was a real shocker, too.

If he did the QPR cup game LJ completely lost his shit when he awarded them an incredibly soft injury time penalty, we then lost (ironically) on penalties.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Those penalties were atrocious.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yes, he did that one, as has been pointed out already Pearson was fined for saying just how shit he was.

The Preston one was remarkable, must be the only ref not to realise they are experts at winning (2) penalties with dives, one of our disallowed goals was a real shocker, too.

If he did the QPR cup game LJ completely lost his shit when he awarded them an incredibly soft injury time penalty, we then lost (ironically) on penalties.

That was it! The 2019 Cup game and yes a soft penalty for sure.

I looked back though at some coverage of the Preston game and pundits had a different view.

They thought one of our first 2 goals should've been disallowed for a foul, will try and find the article again, think they also questioned a Preston goal.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tv-pundits-weigh-refereeing-controversies-3372716.amp&ved=2ahUKEwjQtceN7N_5AhXTbsAKHSJgAJQQFnoECAUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0GVdF50m3-qU60UjzcYZlK

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

I don’t get how some of you guys remember referees, the particular match, the decisions they made and so on.

I only remember the really bad ones Trevor Kettle and Keith Stroud spring to mind. I’m not even sure if Kettle is still on list.I certainly hope not……………..:facepalm:

Just now, Robbored said:

I don’t get how some of you guys remember referees, the particular match, the decisions they made and so on.

I only remember the really bad ones Trevor Kettle and Keith Stroud spring to mind. I’m not even sure if Kettle is still on list.I certainly hope not……………..:facepalm:

Because he is one of the "really bad ones".

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I think you’ve answered your own question

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

I think you’ve answered your own question

Not really  - I don’t remember Andy Davies from any of our previous games and I’m a little surprised that some posters do remember him.

Unless I look it up I couldn’t tell you who reffed at AG when City played Cardiff just recently.

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I actually think he hates City. He’s bizarre in our games. Thank God we’ve only got him in the Cup.

This. Hopefully we’re essentially “using up” one of our allocations of him to our games this season and therefore perhaps we’ll see less of him in league games?

Might be a decent strategy moving forward actually, forgetting playing the kids in the cup and concentrating on the league, stay in the cups for as long as possible and hope you get the shite refs allocated to cup games ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I'd like to offer my advance congratulations to Wycombe on their progression to the next round, though our 10 men gave as good as they got...

And to congratulate their right back for that excellent save with his right hand off the line...

• Haha 1