IGNORED

Give Tins A Chance!

Tales From The Front

That's all I ask.

Agreed as we all do the start is not what everyone (manager included) would have wanted. But to be fair to Tinnion he at least tells it as it is. The big test is, will he evaluate results and performance and make quick changes?

The inability of the previous holder of the managers post to do this was his down fall.

Tinnion has said to the effect that the "formation" is not set in stone and he will change as necessary to get results. Provided he backs up his words with actions I honestly believe we will be OK. It is bloody mindedness or stuborness that is a managers worst characteristic along with too big an ego. Tinnion for my money doesn't suffer from this.

Tinnion knows he needs a reuslt to gain some momentum, he has stated that the service to the stikers needs to improve. This is where 4-3-3 goes wrong in my view. We need the width that 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 gives and Miller as one of the strikers for his ariel ability. Reading between the lines there will be changes for Saturday, but don't weigh down a guy that has been in the job for two months with the baggage of the past five years. Especially when the wait and see brigade seem to have turnned turtle.

Glad to see Saturday has sold out I will be there, just give the whole team the usual standard of excellant support away from home.

Don't worry just because a certain other team believe the season is won and lost after the first game. A certain Mr Atkins has ordered that ther away dressing room at the rugby ground is painted grey and black to effect the performance of the visiting team, that is what I call desperate.

New coat of paint at the Memorial "Stadium". I take it the ground has doubled in value then.

On your original point, I totally agree. I really cant see how you can judge a manager on two games. I reckon a few of the people slagging Tinnion off now would be back on the forum saying we were cast iron promotion certainties if we won our next three games. It takes at least a dozen games before the league starts to take shape.

New coat of paint at the Memorial "Stadium". I take it the ground has doubled in value then.

On your original point, I totally agree. I really cant see how you can judge a manager on two games. I reckon a few of the people slagging Tinnion off now would be back on the forum saying we were cast iron promotion certainties if we won our next three games. It takes at least a dozen games before the league starts to take shape.

I haven't judged the manager on two games - I judged him as soon as he was appointed as likely to fail through zero experience and lack of judgement - ie playing himself - I still don't think one man, especially a learner can do two jobs. Maybe, just maybe if he concentrated on doing one job properly we have a chance because noone can doubt his commitment.

I do agree with you on one point. Tinnion has got to put himself on the bench (or even in the stands) for a few matches to get the team sorted out first. He still has the option of bringing himself on as Sub if required to influence the outcome of a game. As a player it is bloody difficult (impossible even) to get the whole perspective on a game.

Archived