IGNORED

FBC PODCAST: review Blackpool [A] - on balance you have to take a cup half full view?

headhunter

Listen link: https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/blackpool-a-review-on-balance-you-have-to-take-a-cup-half-full-view/ [also on Apple, Google & Spotify]

To twice come from behind and take the lead with 20 minutes remaining has to be seen as a creditable achievement on a ground that is hardly amongst City's favourites but then mistakes by King & Naismith to leave Vyner as the patsy in the last minute meant that the points were shared in this 6 goal thriller.

The closing 20 minutes was a disaster and undid the good work in a match where City could have been two up before the home side's 7th minute opener.

If sending Semenyo on with half an hour remaining was an inspired substitution [he scored with his first touch] then you have to look at the composition of the bench to ask why Wilson or Naismith didn't come on to replace Scott and where were Pring & Klose?

The consensus seems to be that our problems lie in midfield where surely Scott must be a starter but alongside who? HNM put in a 45 minute performance that has characterised so much of his time here and explains why he hasn't kicked on nor, to the best of our knowledge, why no one has made a bid as transfer deadline day approaches. James is good to have in the matchday18 but not King as well but how does everyone rate Joe Williams now we've seen him in a run of games? For me it's Scott plus a.n.other which won't happen unless we sell one of our assets.

Tommy Conway has been a revelation with 5 goals & two assists - no one saw that coming [so soon] and I would like to see him and Antoine start up front in the next game.

Ian, Mark, Lezz & DaveP talk through the match and look forward to the upcoming game against Huddersfield. 

Dave

I thought it was a fairly upbeat pod considering how we ended the game. I'm glad Lez was there to provide some balance what with Mark unable to set up his microphone properly - I'm sure he was blaming his new earbuds for his technical issues on his aborted radio brizzle phone call in another thread.

Is Thursday's pod with Ian going to be live or just recorded?

Cheers

11 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Fair play to Les

Some excellent comments IMHO , not sure I could I disagree with hardly anything he said

Made some excellent points and talked some common sense

Not listened to this week's yet, but agree that Lez talks a lot of sense normally. No idea who he is but seems to have decent knowledge, and measured opinions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not listened to this week's yet, but agree that Lez talks a lot of sense normally. No idea who he is but seems to have decent knowledge, and measured opinions. 

Lezz was Lez (and other names - Londoner???) on here…remember his  “I’m an academic” comment.  But as for when he’s been on the pod, I find that his spoken words are far more amiable (and on point) than his written ones.  He’s good on the pod, believe he has to juggle football / life hence why he’s not on.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Lezz was Lez (and other names - Londoner???) on here…remember his  “I’m an academic” comment.  But as for when he’s been on the pod, I find that his spoken words are far more amiable (and on point) than his written ones.  He’s good on the pod, believe he has to juggle football / life hence why he’s not on.

Don't think that's right 

Rather a lot on what Pearson did wrong, subs, positional etc. however we didn’t win that game because Three players contrived to put us in position where we could lose the ball on the edge of our own area. 

Bad decisions of three senior pros are less of a managerial problem and much more of a professional problem. Particularly with our track record. 

For the record. I don’t like Massengo in nine out of ten games. I would have taken him off at ht yesterday put Scott in the middle and Wilson wide. But hey. I don’t see them every day of every week so what do I know!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Weird that’s it’s the same person. Absolute tool on this forum 

@headhunter Thanks for another great Pod! I've got to say, Ian absolutely grates on me, but I kinda like that he does ?. Like you've said in the past, he's like Piers Morgan, I hate everything he says but I can't help but listen to him. He's like the Andrew Tate of the Bristol City pod world. 

The FBC pod is fast becoming my favourite City related pod, but can you PLEASE sort out Marks audio? It almost makes the pod unlistenable at times. I'll be suing you for the arthritis I'm getting in my wrists turning the volume up and down. 

If you could sort the audio issues out and tell the person to stop clicking that pen, you'd have the best pod out there.

Edited by Ghost Rider
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I was told Lez/Londoner was someone called Simon. Interestingly they were originally from the South East, and Lez has a south east accent. The plot thickens... 

unless Lez is Lezz and Londoner wasn’t Lez?

Lezz definitely came on FBC after commenting on the podcast on here as Lez.

Confused?

On 28/08/2022 at 14:34, maxjak said:

Can Someone please get Martin a ladder.........so he can climb out of the bottom of that Well  that he has been spending the last couple podcasts in ?     All i hear is Dead Air, and Dave saying....Yeah.....Yeah....Yeah....whenever Martin is on...Ha!!       

It's Mark here, from the bottom of the well. I promise to sort out my sound issues before our next podcast this Thursday. 

PS I was highly positive on Saturday (sad none could hear).

• Like 4