IGNORED

Bristol City 's Badge Rated 80th out of 92

Abraham Romanovich

Back in the dark days of 2020, me and some friends in a WhatsApp group past the time with a “crest cup”. I was the only City fan involved so did not have that much influence on the result.

We beat Worthing in the semis to set up a final against Swansea, who overcame Derby. The plans for the final then got so convoluted it never actually happened.

Nonetheless I think Four Four Two are talking nonsense.

Mind you, I think a lot of people miss the B-shaped Robin and the C-shaped ball so they are not alone…

PS just read the article and realised Swansea have a far worse crest now than they did then.

Edited by LondonBristolian

Just one of many polls of these kinds.

Seen our badge do very well on other Social Media polls.

Just the way it is, personally think Derbys badge is miles better than Forests when it comes to simplistic designs. Ours isn’t too dissimilar to either.

Its all a load of bollocks really. 

1 hour ago, Keepers Ball said:

Pff FourFourTwo?

Became an uttely shite magazine.

I used to get it every month and it never mentioned us in any way in the last years i bought it apart from the predictions at the start of the season that allows rated us to go down.

Stopped buying it a few years back

Remember buying issue 1, and subscribing in the early days.  Was excellent.  Haven’t read it for years though.

I quite like 442 but this article seems to be written by someone who has zero idea what qualities a club badge should have: it should be instantly recognisable and look cool.

The coat of arms badges are neither of these. They are overly complicated and a blob of too many colours from any distance.

Whatever you think of the particular clubs I'd say Forest at one and Wolves at two are fair choices.

Barrow at third though? This is dire:

gNyFY3XJnnyXVndZxMotRP-650-80.jpg.webp

As is Barnsley at fourth:

jXSe3p63ehe4pcPPyQRs8U-650-80.jpg.webp

Neither of those is recognisable from any distance; when you see the graphic on telly of all the club badges in a division you identify Barnsley by a process of elimination.

That article is a truly terrible ranking selected by an idiot. I'm not bothered by our badge's lowly position but am amazed that the editor okayed such utter ullage for publication.

• Like 1