IGNORED

U21s today v Birmingham

bcfc01

On 30/08/2022 at 09:59, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Well that was a couple of hours of my life I’ll never get back.  I’m afraid every time I watch a ‘youth game’ at City I end up wondering what was the point.  Utterly sterile; lots of backwards and forwards and side to side passing but very little imagination or flair.  Rather confirms my feelings about academies which is that they train kids to be proficient individuals, playing for themselves, and they’re petrified of making mistakes.  Beats me how a player like Tommy Conway emerged from that.  Joe Low looks a monster and shouted a lot; Sol Bamba had a run out but is nowhere near Championship level on that showing; and several allegedly promising players (e.g. Owers, Towler, Kadji, Blackwell) looked pretty ordinary.  Sorry to be so negative, but I did come away thinking how dry and pointless it all seemed.

Perhaps Conway and Wells are consistently with the first team this season with Benerous and Scott having been for a season…and that we are trying to get a trialist up to speed, plus the fact we have several on loan plays a part, maybe?

Great that you go mind you. Unfortunately I can not watch unless the club put it on their tv channel