IGNORED

Pitchside Advertising

Enclosure Old Timer

3 minutes ago, Enclosure Old Timer said:

I found the flashing pitchside adverts so bright it was almost painful last night. It seemed to tone down later in the game, but early on it was a strain to see the ball when it was on the ground. Surely this must be a distraction to players and officials as well

Must be your age mate……..……:dunno:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hmmm 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, Enclosure Old Timer said:

I found the flashing pitchside adverts so bright it was almost painful last night. It seemed to tone down later in the game, but early on it was a strain to see the ball when it was on the ground. Surely this must be a distraction to players and officials as well

I am sure that this was raised in the past, I think when Mark Kelly used to post on here

Am sure if was recognised they were too bright and subsequently adjusted

I moved seats to the South Stand from the Lansdown in the close season so adverts not too irritating now but last season I found the adverts really distracting.  Particularly those with moving dogs and similar - if you are sitting on lower rows it is easy to confuse the adverts with players running and lose where the ball is.  They are too bright for comfort and a real irritation during some games.

2 hours ago, Enclosure Old Timer said:

Agreed, first 30 minutes last night were the worst it has been for a long time from my view in lower Lansdown

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I found it hard early in the game too, lights in but not yet starting to get dark.

I’m in the mid Lansdown and have no problem with the advertising lighting at all - in fact I hardly notice them and I must be one of the oldest guys on here………….:dunno:

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m in the mid Lansdown and have no problem with the advertising lighting at all - in fact I hardly notice them and I must be one of the oldest guys on here………….:dunno:

Then why answer another poster with a sarcastic, must be your age mate? 

Edited by pillred
Spelling
  • Like 5
  • Flames 3

2 hours ago, Enclosure Old Timer said:

I was watching MOTD last night and it seems a lot of Prem clubs are allowing black dogs to run round the pitch with no leads on

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, pillred said:

Then why answer another poster with a sarcastic, must be your age mate? 

Wasn’t meant to be sarcasm.- as I just posted I must be one of the oldest guys on here and the advertising lighting didn’t bother me one bit from my seat in the mid Lansdown. I barely noticed them.

35 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

They did seem brighter than usual last night.

Although what surprised me most was that the sponsor of the Huddersfield away shirt agreed to going ahead with a logo that us almost invisible.

I fell for that too. I was convinced that only the goalie had a sponsored top until my brother pointed out that the logo was almost the same shade as the kit. Someone clearly got something wrong here. I'd call out the sponsor, if I knew who they were :)

Edited by Sleepy1968

52 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Doubt it, quite a few contributors on here are known to be 70+ and several have mentioned they're well over 80. 

There will be other veteran OTIBers who never mention their longevity.

If you're over 60 but under 70, there are loads on here in that age group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I fell for that too. I was convinced that only the goalie had a sponsored top until my brother pointed out that the logo was almost the same shade as the kit. Someone clearly got something wrong here. I'd call out the sponsor, if I knew who they were :)

We wondered whether it was a ploy to get us to look up on the Huddersfield website to find out who the sponsor is, to get traction that way.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Wasn’t meant to be sarcasm.- as I just posted I must be one of the oldest guys on here and the advertising lighting didn’t bother me one bit from my seat in the mid Lansdown. I barely noticed them.

Somebody ask him why he moved from the Dolman please, or he will just keep repeating Lower Lansdown till someone does.

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

DAECE5BC-90C5-4D31-8ECB-C2EC075C5806.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I raised this with Jerry a few years ago and he admitted, having spoken to the media people, the brightness of the advertising is measured by a percentage - if I remember rightly the setting was something like 30% for home games.

I too sit in the middle of the lower Lansdown and agree the brightness early on was bad - especially the white and reds and can’t believe that our coaching team are able to see the players across the far side (Dolman side) of the pitch as to us they were mere shadows!

Bearing in mind we have the most expensive seats in the house (excluding hospitality) it’s really poor that this hasn’t been sorted.

Come on City get this resolved once and for all!

58 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

DAECE5BC-90C5-4D31-8ECB-C2EC075C5806.jpeg

I know I'm colourblind and short sighted and sat 30 rows up in the Dolman, and it was a night game with the super trouper Lansdown lights putting me off a bit, but was the real life contrast that good. I'd like to think I would have seen the logo if so :)

9 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I know I'm colourblind and short sighted and sat 30 rows up in the Dolman, and it was a night game with the super trouper Lansdown lights putting me off a bit, but was the real life contrast that good. I'd like to think I would have seen the logo if so :)

No, you're right it was full blackout.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Couldn’t see anything but a black shirt. Very strange advertising.