IGNORED

Top scorers - one for the stattos

Dastardly and Muttley

I’ve had a very cursory glance over the last few seasons, so may have got this very wrong, but it seems rare from my memory.

This year, I wouldn’t consider it unlikely if 4 of our strikers reach double figures in goals - Weimann, Wells, Conway and Semenyo.

When was the last time that happened?

Again, apologies if it was really recent!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sinenomine said:

Close. 

Freeman got 7. So did Matt Smith.

JET got 9.  

That's league only, if you're counting cup games then Smith and JET get double figures. 

Just checked, yes, 13 and 12 respectively all told. The answer must be therefore five (inc cups) or three if league only.

Gillingham in the JPT away was Smiths four I think.

Edited by cityexile

4 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I was counting league only by the way, and don’t think it would be unbelievable if they all get 15…

Will come down to how much time each gets. I mean, given enough time on the pitch I think Martin would back himself to get ten. He seemed to be the designated penalty taker after all...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Will come down to how much time each gets. I mean, given enough time on the pitch I think Martin would back himself to get ten. He seemed to be the designated penalty taker after all...

Going in recent history it would take him a decade to score 10 penalties for us.... And that would be with a 100% conversion rate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Yeah, I think 10 would be his target. We could end up with 20 each for Semenyo and Weimann, 15 for Wells, 10 each for Conway and Martin. That would be incredible.

1 minute ago, RedEd73 said:

Going in recent history it would take him a decade to score 10 penalties for us.... And that would be with a 100% conversion rate!

I was being somewhat tongue in cheek, but absolutely. At a guess it is Wells at the moment, one day we might find out!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

With the five subs rule these days  , we could actually keep Chris Martin for the next 10 years , have him permanently on the bench , to be brought on each time (????) we get a penalty 

• Flames 1

Just now, OldlandReddies said:

That must be a record in World Football.

Might be. I do recall a piece that's been quoted on here in recent times that said we had been awarded the least in Europe's top 30 divisions or some such.

Can't recall the timeframe but I do remember the piece was in January time and we've had none in the League since so it's surely off the charts now.

21 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Might be. I do recall a piece that's been quoted on here in recent times that said we had been awarded the least in Europe's top 30 divisions or some such.

Can't recall the timeframe but I do remember the piece was in January time and we've had none in the League since so it's surely off the charts now.

What does that record prove though??

That we always have poor refs?  Nah.

That we don't get numbers in the box enough? Maybe.

That we are too honest? Maybe.

That we don't practice falling over? Maybe.

Must be a reason.

23 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

What does that record prove though??

That we always have poor refs?  Nah.

That we don't get numbers in the box enough? Maybe.

That we are too honest? Maybe.

That we don't practice falling over? Maybe.

Must be a reason.

There is some great work on Twitter by an account called Bcfc Pezza, posted on here dunno if you've seen it.

The account weighted penalties over a given time period for penalties a) For Championship clubs and b) For the 92. Seeing it laid out like that shows how crazy the stat is..there was one weighted set against big chances created too.

I agree must be a reason but it's very hard to fathom isn't it...we possibly could have had 2 already this season, maybe more. Opening day at Hull not only was theirs a joke but PGMOL said we had two good ones chalked off.

Now I'm still not wholly convinced by some of our claims this season but the Hull penalty was awful, the non Bennett red card at Wigan was awful and the Sykes red but Freeman yellow or failure to call a foul on Sykes v Luton predating the red card when he was sandwiched was awful.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Any idea how many the next placed team had? Someone will always be at the bottom of any list, but are we adrift of even the next ones?

1 in 90 does same obscene, how many have we conceded in that time~?

Just now, MarcusX said:

Any idea how many the next placed team had? Someone will always be at the bottom of any list, but are we adrift of even the next ones?

1 in 90 does same obscene, how many have we conceded in that time~?

I think we've conceded 15 in that time, perhaps 16 but while since I've totalled that bit up in depth.

Remember this is League only, Cup figures may vary it a bit...we got one at Millwall in 2021 for a start.

• Admin

59 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think we've conceded 15 in that time, perhaps 16 but while since I've totalled that bit up in depth.

Remember this is League only, Cup figures may vary it a bit...we got one at Millwall in 2021 for a start.

During the 1 in 90 spell, the only cup games were a 1-0 loss against Fulham and this year’s League Cup games.

40 minutes ago, Ian M said:

During the 1 in 90 spell, the only cup games were a 1-0 loss against Fulham and this year’s League Cup games.

1 In 90 goes as far back as 1st November 2020.

We got 1 at Millwall in the FA Cup, can't remember about Portsmouth at home and definitely not Sheffield United away.

Forest Green away, Fulham at home and then the two League Cup games...2 in 97 perhaps in competitive games.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous