IGNORED

How would you react if City wore Bradford City's colours, or navy shorts and socks?

Curr Avon

19 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

This season saw City return to their 1954/55 Division 3 South Championship winning strip, aka, the one that looks like Arsenal.

Boring history buffs like me, without a life love these shout outs to kits past, because it freshens up the usual mundane block colours of red and white.

But why stop there? City forerunners Bedminster wore 'Bradford City' colours, below.

image.thumb.png.aef6d57361752d10cd0b57bd69d884f9.png

How would that look as an away strip for one season?

And the home kit featured different coloured shorts and socks in our infancy.

How about the Bristol South End strip from 1894/95? Similar to Spain and Chile.

image.png.a08e188a6143bef16de6fc2cc14cd9d8.png

Or maybe the 1906/07 strip with black socks, that accompanied our second placed finish in the old First Division. Or this that a bit too Man United for you? We beat them to the Second Division title the previous year - and won 14 consecutive League matches. Still a Football League record.

image.png.5a3664ddbe38f39895b4e8f182f68694.png

You can view all City home kits on the Historical Kits website; Bristol City - Historical Football Kits (historicalkits.co.uk)

I very much like the idea of the 1892-1897 or 1898-1899 shirt being resurrected as either a third kit, or as a limited edition commemorative kit (I.e. if not worn by the playing team for match day, released by Hummel as something fans can purchase as something of a collectible item). 

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I had it too, because it was a tenner at the end of the season.

Also that isn’t blue, it’s midnight indigo.

I have this shirt, it looks more like a deep blue when wearing it to me - but mine could be a bit faded. 

Actually really like this shirt, clearly I’m in in the minority!