IGNORED

That nervous feeling

Fordy62

We are far exceeding my expectations this season, so whilst understanding what you are saying, nervous is not the right word for me. Excited, enjoying watching them develop, dreaming a little. Don’t get me wrong, would have been gutted to not the get the three points today late on, but even if somehow he had ended 3-3, we still played some lovely stuff that was a joy to watch for long periods.

Nervous for me is when we are in a relegation scrape. Don’t know why but for me that is real gut wrenching stuff.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

We are far exceeding my expectations this season, so whilst understanding what you are saying, nervous is not the right word for me. Excited, enjoying watching them develop, dreaming a little. Don’t get me wrong, would have been gutted to not the get the three points today late on, but even if somehow he had ended 3-3, we still played some lovely stuff that was a joy to watch for long periods.

Nervous for me is when we are in a relegation scrape. Don’t know why but for me that is real gut wrenching stuff.

Bizarrely I don’t feel like that. I feel much more nervous about ******* up a good position than I do getting relegated. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Bizarrely I don’t feel like that. I feel much more nervous about ******* up a good position than I do getting relegated. 

Relegation I think often comes with a begrudging feeling of resignation. It begins to feel inevitable, and so one simply accepts it ahead of time. It's still crap, but you shrug and say "well we are crap."

Messing up a good thing is the opposite. You feel good, you're enjoying life...but it could come crashing down. It's the threat of losing something so good and so rare. That's very different to a relegation season.

That's the difference for me.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Enjoy the goals and attacking football.So many love to knock at the slightest excuse.

Anyone who knocks us at the moment considering what we have come through clearly either has no clue or seriously dislikes something about the club - manager usually.  This is the best feeling around the club for a long long time imho. Feel sorry for those who can’t enjoy it for what it is.  Incredible win today.   

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

21 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I’ve not seen the game as I’ve just finished playing myself, but been to the last 2 away games. 

The worst part about this start is the hope… we’ve been hurt so many times by City, I think I kinda liked the doing nothing and expecting nothing ? I’m not ready for heartbreak again

Had to read that first line twice, thought you were providing too much information the first time.

• Haha 14
  • Flames 1

Times like this make it worth trudging through shit watching the City since that Wolves game under LJ. For the first time since Cotts, there’s a real collective, talented team working bloody hard for each other and not being undermined by the self-interested board members. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

For me any fear of relegation is now gone. Anything else is a bonus and i can just enjoy the season.

Agreed. Too many false dawns for me over the last 40 years. But this team looks bloody good going forward! Defence needs a bit of work I know but let’s just enjoy it whilst it lasts. SL must keep this team together PLEASE.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tin Soldier said:

Agreed. Too many false dawns for me over the last 40 years. But this team looks bloody good going forward! Defence needs a bit of work I know but let’s just enjoy it whilst it lasts. SL must keep this team together PLEASE.

I think that’ll all depend on our league position come January. 

30 minutes ago, Tin Soldier said:

You wanna try dating women other than those called Dawn….there’s a whole load you’re missing out on! ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Anyone who knocks us at the moment considering what we have come through clearly either has no clue or seriously dislikes something about the club - manager usually.  This is the best feeling around the club for a long long time imho. Feel sorry for those who can’t enjoy it for what it is.  Incredible win today.   

Is there anyone not enjoying it? Seriously?

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Relegation I think often comes with a begrudging feeling of resignation. It begins to feel inevitable, and so one simply accepts it ahead of time. It's still crap, but you shrug and say "well we are crap."

Messing up a good thing is the opposite. You feel good, you're enjoying life...but it could come crashing down. It's the threat of losing something so good and so rare. That's very different to a relegation season.

That's the difference for me.

Yeah, those promotion chances, the ones where you get seriously close, don’t come around very often, so the disappointment is massive. You know it’s probably the last chance for years.

Relegation we can do any time. 

I feel the opposite. 

Last season I was nervous cos we kept conceding late goals.

This season with every game that we're leading I'm becoming more and more confident that we will see it out. 

I think I only felt slightly nervous after they got their 2nd today but up until that point I was very confident. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

I’ve not seen the game as I’ve just finished playing myself, but been to the last 2 away games. 

The worst part about this start is the hope… we’ve been hurt so many times by City, I think I kinda liked the doing nothing and expecting nothing ? I’m not ready for heartbreak again

How did you get on win? That's a great Saturday night when the double comes in, as i vaguely remember.!!!