IGNORED

Kit Clash

Tinmans Love Child

I was rewatching the highlights of yesterdays great win and noticed both teams were wearing white shorts, and Blackburn also had 1 white sleeve.  For a colour blind sufferer it was making it more difficult to pick out the teams.  With the shorts I’m surprised we didn’t change to the black ones if the alternative shirts are not sufficient.  Who cares we won, but surprised they were allowed?

• Flames 2

Yes I thought the same as I watched the highlights. Interestingly the regulations have changed this year. In previous years there was a requirement that "When away from home a Club shall play in a registered kit which is clearly distinguishable (shirt, shorts and socks) from those of their opponents. This requirement shall apply strictly in respect of shirts and socks. Where both Clubs request to play in the same, or similar, coloured shorts then an application to do so shall be made to the appointed match referee whose consent shall not be unreasonably withheld." Basically, you cannot wear the same coloured shorts unless the Referee allows it.

They also removed the guidance that states "Clubs are required to resolve any potential clash in advance of match day. Match Officials should ensure they find the playing kits of both teams acceptable."

The above wording is not present in the 2022/23 regulations. There seems to be nothing that explicitly prevents this.

However, the guidance in the Regulations is still that "When considering selection of colours of shirts / socks, Clubs should have regard to the guidance issued by the Football Association on helping those affected by colour blindness, a copy of which is available on the EFL SharePoint site accessed via the Club Portal system."

Honestly, I assumed we would play in the third kit yesterday, had I know we were going to wear the home kit I would have let the club know that was a bad idea. This is one that has slipped through the net. Sorry you had issues @Tinmans Love Child

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yes I thought the same as I watched the highlights. Interestingly the regulations have changed this year. In previous years there was a requirement that "When away from home a Club shall play in a registered kit which is clearly distinguishable (shirt, shorts and socks) from those of their opponents. This requirement shall apply strictly in respect of shirts and socks. Where both Clubs request to play in the same, or similar, coloured shorts then an application to do so shall be made to the appointed match referee whose consent shall not be unreasonably withheld." Basically, you cannot wear the same coloured shorts unless the Referee allows it.

They also removed the guidance that states "Clubs are required to resolve any potential clash in advance of match day. Match Officials should ensure they find the playing kits of both teams acceptable."

The above wording is not present in the 2022/23 regulations. There seems to be nothing that explicitly prevents this.

However, the guidance in the Regulations is still that "When considering selection of colours of shirts / socks, Clubs should have regard to the guidance issued by the Football Association on helping those affected by colour blindness, a copy of which is available on the EFL SharePoint site accessed via the Club Portal system."

Honestly, I assumed we would play in the third kit yesterday, had I know we were going to wear the home kit I would have let the club know that was a bad idea. This is one that has slipped through the net. Sorry you had issues @Tinmans Love Child

Yeh no worries, thanks for the reply, seems a strange change in legislation really but there you go!  

Ah **** just seen what Preston's away kit is.

image.png.e4d7067ad106174cef921e31ea05e32b.png

And the third kit is black and red stripes a la Bournemouth home. So that cannot be worn.

Guess it's either going to be out home kit v their home kit or our home kit v this away shite green* monstrosity.

Ideally we stick our third kit on at home and make a statement.

*Is it green? It might be yellow tbf.

Edited by ExiledAjax