IGNORED

Semenyo called up by Ghana

phantom

4 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Sorry I meant  the injury he is currently regaining match fitness from. Was there not rumours that after coming on as a sub he didn't make the next game squad as a transfer bid had come in but in fact it was due to the injury.

I’m not sure the story or even exactly what the injury was , where and when occurred , or whether it was a problem that had developed ,  but I thought I remember somebody posting on here (Fevs ?) that the Ghana FA had behaved well ,recognised an injury and pulled him out etc (paraphrased)

From a selfish point of view, I hope that he's not 100% ready yet, and that the medical team would advise him to drop out and concentrate on getting back that fitness.

It would be just our luck that he's just getting back to fitness, and then gets injured again on international duty.

I'm pleased (for him) that he's been called up, but I'm not for us.

• Robin 1

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Jojo doesn't play for us, we don't announce Morrell everything he gets a call up or game for Wales, why would we mention jojo?

51 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Had a brain melt shocker there! Apologies!!?

There is an argument to say that they should mention the academy successes, even if that is after they have left the club. I seem to remember posting those lovely pics of the Joe and Bobby in the U10's, I think it's a good thing to celebrate.

• Robin 1

27 minutes ago, Taz said:

From a selfish point of view, I hope that he's not 100% ready yet, and that the medical team would advise him to drop out and concentrate on getting back that fitness.

It would be just our luck that he's just getting back to fitness, and then gets injured again on international duty.

I'm pleased (for him) that he's been called up, but I'm not for us.

I see your point - but this is his audition for the World Cup. If he's going, and going to play, then this is his chance to impress.

I wouldn't want him to get injured now, but the World Cup is a huge opportunity for him, and also our ticket to maximising his value if he is off in January. I hope he stays, but realistically, I can't see that happening.

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I guess you could argue that playing for an “ordinary” Championship club isn’t harming his international call-up?

Precisely, our players being called up while playing for us actually makes them consider staying for longer than they might otherwise. Yes they might get injured on international duty, but at least they aren't pushing for transfers to get international recognition.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

There is an argument to say that they should mention the academy successes, even if that is after they have left the club. I seem to remember posting those lovely pics of the Joe and Bobby in the U10's, I think it's a good thing to celebrate.

Oh there's a argument for it I agree, but you will get people criticising it which is prob the reason we don't 

6 hours ago, Portred said:

Semenyo is not a winger……..he scores goals. ?

Not according to the great prophet... "Better Red"   Ha!!   Massive Congrats' to Antoine for his call up to the Ghanaian National Squad.  Good Luck Antoine, we all wish you well, but NOT so well that it increases the attention of even more Premiership teams?  Please look after him Ghana...............no more injuries Please!!