IGNORED

Best balanced squad in a long time

Better Red

Towards the end of the window pretty much everyone said (including me) said we needed at least 3 singing - Midfielder, Striker & centre back.

We all know we got none of them but also we never let anyone go and it can be said we had a decent window.

On reflection and looking at the team of players  - Not in the first 11 it does show just how good our squad is.

Example ‘reserve’ team -

Seymenyo and Williams could be replaced by James and Conway.

Bajic

Tanner.    Kalas     Klose     Pring

King      Williams   Massengo 

Seymneyo    Martin        Wilson

Circa 5 of the above could easily be in our first team which means when all fit we have the strongest bench I can remember.

Nige and his team have done an excellent job bringing in Conway,  Sykes and Naismith into the first team as well as bringing Nakhi back.

Maybe with injuries we will need some strengthening in January but at the moment we look very well balanced and well placed to have a good run up to January.

The team also looks much tighter as a group and everyone is giving everything for themselves and the team.

And who knows maybe also a cup run as we have the squad to make 5 or 6 changes without weakening the team.

We are playing good football, have a strong squad and also a great team spirit.

Long way to go but we could have a very good season.

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Towards the end of the window pretty much everyone said (including me) said we needed at least 3 singing - Midfielder, Striker & centre back.

We all know we got none of them but also we never let anyone go and it can be said we had a decent window.

On reflection and looking at the team of players  - Not in the first 11 it does show just how good our squad is.

Example ‘reserve’ team -

Seymenyo and Williams could be replaced by James and Conway.

Bajic

Tanner.    Kalas     Klose     Pring

King      Williams   Massengo 

Seymneyo    Martin        Wilson

Circa 5 of the above could easily be in our first team which means when all fit we have the strongest bench I can remember.

Nige and his team have done an excellent job bringing in Conway,  Sykes and Naismith into the first team as well as bringing Nakhi back.

Maybe with injuries we will need some strengthening in January but at the moment we look very well balanced and well placed to have a good run up to January.

The team also looks much tighter as a group and everyone is giving everything for themselves and the team.

And who knows maybe also a cup run as we have the squad to make 5 or 6 changes without weakening the team.

We are playing good football, have a strong squad and also a great team spirit.

Long way to go but we could have a very good season.

It’s the hope that kills.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Better Red said:

10 in a season.

A good ‘winger’ gets 6 to 8

I reckon thats about the minimum for a ‘Striker’

Not 10 in his career… That would make Aden Flint a Striker…

2 down 8 to go… 

Make sure you move those goalposts by bending your knees. There’s so many I’m worried you will put your back out 

• Haha 1

The squad has some quality players but as NP himself has said we're a bit thin in midfield and defence. The football at the moment is brilliant but we've been here before at the start of the season only to come unstuck in the winter months (particularly December-February) once injuries start to mount up, so I'm trying to keep my excitement in check until we've got through that period.

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

The squad has some quality players but as NP himself has said we're a bit thin in midfield and defence. The football at the moment is brilliant but we've been here before at the start of the season only to come unstuck in the winter months (particularly December-February) once injuries start to mount up, so I'm trying to keep my excitement in check until we've got through that period.

Blimey, that’s a whole 6 months. 

Carpe diem, mate. Enjoy yourself while you have the chance!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Make sure you move those goalposts by bending your knees. There’s so many I’m worried you will put your back out 

Never changed that.

Been in my posts for a ‘very’ long time feel free to go back and read them.

10 seems about right to me. 

Required goal return - 

2- 4 Centre back/Full back 

4 - 6 midfielder 

6 - 8 winger

10+ Striker

*Championship goals 

Looks about right to me. 

He’s got 2 so far (been injured)

He should get plenty of game time and opportunities to get 10 this season.

£20m Strikers don’t get 8 goals a season… they are wingers 

12 hours ago, Better Red said:

Never changed that.

Been in my posts for a ‘very’ long time feel free to go back and read them.

10 seems about right to me. 

Required goal return - 

2- 4 Centre back/Full back 

4 - 6 midfielder 

6 - 8 winger

10+ Striker

*Championship goals 

Looks about right to me. 

He’s got 2 so far (been injured)

He should get plenty of game time and opportunities to get 10 this season.

£20m Strikers don’t get 8 goals a season… they are wingers 

In his last 34 games he has scored 10 goals.  34 games is less than one seasons worth of games.  Or does it all have to be done in one season to follow your rules?   If he scored 10 goals in 46 games in one season would that be better despite taking more games?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

On 08/09/2022 at 09:09, And Its Smith said:

In his last 34 games he has scored 10 goals.  34 games is less than one seasons worth of games.  Or does it all have to be done in one season to follow your rules?   If he scored 10 goals in 46 games in one season would that be better despite taking more games?

Nice try.

Very simple 10 Championship goals in the season.

Thought he looked like he would cause trouble yesterday through the middle when he came on.

And then for some reason Nige put on Martin and moved him wide and that changed the momentum of the game.

Martin or Seymenyo through the middle is a no brainier and that’s me saying it….