IGNORED

Unbelievable !

slartibartfast

If you ever want an example of "one rule for us, one for them"............Brighton v Palace postponed because of (wait for it)            rail strike ! What a complete load of bollox. They reckon people can't get there. IIIII Are there no buses, taxis etc ?  I did n't see our game at Hull being off because of the strike ! What crap.:grr:

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

If you ever want an example of "one rule for us, one for them"............Brighton v Palace postponed because of (wait for it)            rail strike ! What a complete load of bollox. They reckon people can't get there. IIIII Are there no buses, taxis etc ?  I did n't see our game at Hull being off because of the strike ! What crap.:grr:

Different rules for Londoners to those for yokels!!!

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

There may also be a degree here of it being a higher risk game. For some reason Brighton and Palace hate each other (Seagulls/Eagles???) so the police may think that with public transport and designated trains they can control things better

Or maybe just do their jobs properly,I know in this day it sounds a bit far fetched 

32 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

There may also be a degree here of it being a higher risk game. For some reason Brighton and Palace hate each other (Seagulls/Eagles???) so the police may think that with public transport and designated trains they can control things better

They are at either end of the A23/M23. It's a proximity thing (although London clubs are obviously nearer to Palace). 

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Of course it’s because of the Unions looking out for the common folk so must not take the piss to much or they will be door stepping you 

• Sad 1
  • Flames 1

Absolute rubbish

The only real way yto get there is via train. Its how the stadium was built

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Pezo said:

It's always struck me as a bit of a weird rivalry but it's about the same distance between crystal palace/ Brighton and City/Cardiff but I have always thought City/Cardiff wouldn't be so fierce if it wasn't for the English/Welsh rivalries.

You have to take into the violence between City and Cardiff hooligans (not a good thing)over 50 years,Palace and Brighton have nowhere near the same amount of thugs 

No, the only way to get to the ground is via train, its built into their match day ticket

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

No, the only way to get to the ground is via train, its built into their match day ticket

Presumably then these are special trains operated / run by or for the club? 
In which case, why weren’t they in operation? Surely these specials are nowt to do with the train strikes. They are provided free of charge. 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

In which case, why weren’t they in operation? Surely these specials are nowt to do with the train strikes. They are provided free of charge. 

The drivers are still employed by the toc not the club, and those drivers are on strike, so they would be crossing the picket line

• Admin
4 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

2 hours ago, frenchred said:

Absolute rubbish

The only real way yto get there is via train. Its how the stadium was built

Was going to say, there's a lack of understanding the travel down there 

Not in anyway comparable to our fixture, or believe it or not any other fixture on those dates 

3 hours ago, Harry said:

What? The club obviously don’t hire their own train drivers or run their own train service, in much the same manner City use First Bus. 

8 minutes ago, James54De said:

What? The club obviously don’t hire their own train drivers or run their own train service, in much the same manner City use First Bus. 

Well, Ashton Gate wasn’t built to specifically allow only bus transportation for fans. 
I’m assuming the trains they use are football only routes, and are the only method of transport for the stadium? 
If so, then perhaps they should use their own staff? 

35 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well, Ashton Gate wasn’t built to specifically allow only bus transportation for fans. 
I’m assuming the trains they use are football only routes, and are the only method of transport for the stadium? 
If so, then perhaps they should use their own staff? 

Have no ******* clue what you’re on about. How on earth would a football club hire train drivers? Do you expect them to own the trains as well? 

In actual fact, Brighton and Crystal Palace do have a mutual antipathy and it's not really location related or location specific.

https://outsidewrite.co.uk/palace-v-brighton-enduring-m23-derby/

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2011/sep/27/brighton-crystal-palace-rivalry

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Just to clarify,for all those who have actually used the trains to get away to the stadium,I have never known any football specials to get away fans back home.

All trains that call at Falmer are service trains,thats why there is a queuing system after the games.

It takes approx three/four service trains to clear all the fans from Falmer station

• Like 2