IGNORED

All Matches Postponed Until At Least 12/9/22

BUTOR

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

That’s interesting and will definitely impact decision making if left to individual clubs.

Interesting situation legally if we want the game to go ahead, but Preston don’t for whatever reason.

I wonder if teams with a few injuries might want to postpone?!

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

All those moaning about cancellations are exactly the same folks who'd be up in arms were an incident to happen at an event because emergency response was deployed elsewhere. Why oh why oh why, finger of blame pointed, where's my compo...

Between the 7/7 London bombings and my leaving work there were 29 serious incidents averted by UKIC ('serious' denotes the anticipated deaths of 10 or more individuals.) For obvious reason none were widely publicised. You can probably add a dozen more to that total and don't ignore the incidents that did occur, those which the 'why oh whyers' love to highlight. So for the next few days throughout the land wherever people will gather, manholes and conduits are being lifted, checked and sealed, ditto street furniture, vacant properties, properties of significance and more. Subjects of interest require extra close scrutiny. The normal course of events sees ALL items into the Palace of Westminster first delivered elsewhere, where they are subject to checks then monitored all the way until delivered within the secure perimeter of the Palace.  Imagine how much more will be going there, Westminster Abbey and surrounding buildings over the next few days? The hundreds of dignitaries and VIPs attending the funeral, all their itineraries, lodgings, movements to be assessed and triple checked. The volume of human resource required is phenomenal which is why much of it is shipped in from around the country.

It has nothing to do with whether or not Royals or Government wish to shut things down. They don't, but in the messed up world we live in they must.

I think this is something people don’t consider the severity of. The coronation of a king and the gathering of so many people is likely a huge security risk.

I alluded to it earlier that sport could be postponed if not simply for safety and allocation of resources (police, medical, security etc)

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That’s interesting and will definitely impact decision making if left to individual clubs.

Interesting situation legally if we want the game to go ahead, but Preston don’t for whatever reason.

The Bath game is Bristol's biggest cash-cow of the season so you can see why they'd be desperate for it to go ahead. Postponement would cost them tens of thousands ££

image.png.907af564b55142f6581787c27ce58316.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selred said:

It's now God Save The King.

Agree in stadiums this week fans will sing GSTQ if games go ahead, but the Coronation I presume will be next year. At the World Cup, we will be singing GSTK.

I think I’m using the word coronation wrong, I meant the event that will take place today/tomorrow?

5 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I think this is something people don’t consider the severity of. The coronation of a king and the gathering of so many people is likely a huge security risk.

I alluded to it earlier that sport could be postponed if not simply for safety and allocation of resources (police, medical, security etc)

What??? 

1 minute ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I think they are now trying to fulfil the fixtures. Public mood probably playing a big part. Backlash going in the opposite way to what they expected. Practicalities and policing the big obstacle. But for City vs PNE you need what, 10 rozzers? 

I'm guessing the london games will be a problem although looking it's only really Fulham v Chelsea tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I think they are now trying to fulfil the fixtures. Public mood probably playing a big part. Backlash going in the opposite way to what they expected. Practicalities and policing the big obstacle. But for City vs PNE you need what, 10 rozzers? 

And all the meat and potato pies they can eat!

30 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If a prominent black person died and a white person previously convicted of racism against a Police Officer tweeted the equivalent they WOULD lose their job and be labelled a racist for life. You either believe in equality or you don’t, it can’t be one sided. What he’s posted is incitement (not everyone will react but enough will). If he gets fired he can have no complaints.

He will no doubt have a clause in his contract that deals with behaving in ways that could harm the company.  His comments may possibly cost the station listeners and ultimately advertising cash if he is retained.  He is perfectly entitled to feel the way he does, but this certainly would have been a situation that he will have been better off having those thoughts and not sharing them on a global platform.

• Flames 2

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

No one is forcing anyone to mourn? 

Like it or not, the queen was our head of state for 70 years and she held a special place in the majority of people's lives. 

We will never see anything like this in our life times. We are living through history in real time. 

By the same token you are trying to force people to go to football matches who would probably rather not. 

Not sure what part of ‘it’s personal choice’ you don’t understand 

EFL Statement: EFL schedule to be postponed - News - EFL Official Website

Further to discussions on Friday morning it has been determined that all EFL fixtures from 9-10 September will be postponed as a mark of respect by the National Sport to the passing of HRH Queen Elizabeth II.

This is aligned with the approach that the Premier League and the FA will take with their competitions this weekend.

Further information, in respect of how football, Clubs and their supporters will commemorate Her Majesty’s reign will be confirmed at an appropriate point.

Details regarding rearranged games will be announced in due course.

Edited by Curr Avon