IGNORED

All Matches Postponed Until At Least 12/9/22

BUTOR

7 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

You’ve quoted it right there ?‍♂️

Indeed, and I have now deleted my original post.

I really don't know why I posted such nonsense, except that I was convinced he had been convicted of drink driving only, and thought I remembered thinking at the time that, if he had indeed racially abused the Police Officer, he should also have been charged with that. 

For some reason, I must have missed (or forgotten about) his conviction ?.

Just now, phantom said:

So basically as we have been already and will be the rest of the season

What do you think will happen with games that get postponed due to the weather etc?

I think we will end up with a topsy turvy league table for a large period TBH. Some teams will be behind by around 4-5 fixtures as we enter March.

We're lucky with the facilities we have at AG, but other clubs (more L1 and L2) struggle with bad weather and multiple games in short periods of time.

For the players, the season will feel relentless. However, it is unlikely (Semenyo aside) we lose many during the W/C break, so a time for a rest and some training work allowed.

I actually think it will help us this year, and other teams will have what happened to Leeds/Bielsa and a huge fall-down around March, where the players are just shattered.

The bigger clubs in the division (Ex-Prem) with money and international talent, may really struggle and I just hope we will be able to capitalise from it. 

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Haha my daughters swimming lesson is cancelled tomorrow morning ‘as a mark of respect’.  Apparently they will ‘be taking the time to reflect on the past and plan for the future.’  Never knew the queen hated kids swimming

Yeah, because that's why it's been cancelled...

Tit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My opinion….ridiculous over-reaction to something that genuinely affects a small number of people.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm afraid that a relatively small number of posters saying over and over again that matches should go ahead is not necessarily representative of the majority.

Many. like me, will be contemplative today, and not keen to add to threads like this.

My own opinion - for what it's worth and to answer your quote directly - is that the vast majority in this country will have been affected by the death of our Queen.

Anecdotally, everybody I know is anyway.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

Utterly ridiculous.  Next thing is they’ll scrap youth football on Sunday as I’m sure HRH would regards it as massively disrespectful for a group of small boys to kick a ball around in the fresh air.

And all this after what was probably a gross act of deception yesterday, as Huw Edwards and Nicholas Witchell perpetuated the myth that the Queen was still alive when it’s becoming increasingly apparent that she had already died.  Edwards’s black tie at lunchtime was already a giveaway, so presumably the statement that ‘doctors were concerned’ was that signal that she had died, and the detailed plan could kick in.  Indeed Witchell spent all afternoon discussing her death in the past tense, frequently having to correct himself and remind viewers that off course they hoped that she would recover.  They did something very similar when George V died to avoid his death being first reported in the evening papers rather than The Times.

• Like 1

Bad news for City. We were flying and whatever your view of the decision this is a bad time for the disruption to our momentum.

If they cancel 3 games that would mean we next play 1st October. That would be two consecutive home games, QPR then Cov, which isn't bad, but we'd be starting cold after 3 weeks off. EDIT - 4 weeks

Edited by mozo

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm afraid that a relatively small number of posters saying over and over again that matches should go ahead is not necessarily representative of the majority.

Many. like me, will be contemplative today, and not keen to add to threads like this.

My own opinion - for what it's worth and to answer your quote directly - is that the vast majority in this country will have been affected by the death of our Queen.

Anecdotally, everybody I know is anyway.

Anecdotally nobody I know is so not sure ‘vast majority’ is accurate 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Bad news for City. We were flying and whatever your view of the decision this is a bad time for the disruption to our momentum.

If they cancel 3 games that would mean we next play 1st October. That would be two consecutive home games, QPR then Cov, which isn't bad, but we'd be starting cold after 3 weeks off.

This is sadly what I instantly think of. Sorry if it offends people but some just aren't particularly bothered about the royal family

• Like 3

• Admin
12 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

It's almost like there's never been a postponement of a game before and people had to actually find something else to do...

It is hilarious the complete over reaction on here

11 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

They had 96 years to ask her whether sport events should be cancelled when she dies.

Yet here we are..

Perhaps you may want to educate yourself on what actually happened to get to this outcome

• Like 1