IGNORED

The non Preston North End at home match thread

Jerseybean

As the game has been postponed thought I’d offer a bit of a quiz instead of a MDT.

The challenge is to list any alternative versions of PNE (I know it’s asking for trouble) as a starter here’s a few:

Peripheral Nerve Evaluation - Determines whether sacral nerve stimulation for the control of accidental bowel leakage or lower urinary tract dysfunction is appropriate for a given patient.

Password Never Expires

Peaceful Nuclear Explosion

Protons, Neurons, Electrons

Pacific National Exhibition

5 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

As the game has been postponed thought I’d offer a bit of a quiz instead of a MDT.

The challenge is to list any alternative versions of PNE (I know it’s asking for trouble) as a starter here’s a few:

Peripheral Nerve Evaluation - Determines whether sacral nerve stimulation for the control of accidental bowel leakage or lower urinary tract dysfunction is appropriate for a given patient.

Password Never Expires

Penis Needs Enlarging 

• Haha 7

15 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Password Never Expires

Edit: Apparently my response is a banned word.

Edited by TBW

I'm missing the local facts. I've never been to Preston, but can supply a few:

The UK's first motorway - the Lancashire stretch of the M6 - was previously the Preston bypass.

Butch Cassidy (of Sundance Kid fame) had parents from Preston and reportedly grew up with a Lancashire accent.

The Bash Street Kids in the Beano were based on the artist's memories of growing up in Preston.

Tallest church spire in UK.

Birthplace of Freddie Flintoff and John Inman.

UK's first KFC was in Preston.

First ladies football team.

• Like 4

September is always a favourite month of mine to watch football.

You still have everything to play for, the M5 has stopped being a Saturday car park, you can still get home in daylight and you won’t be freezing cold.

So for this year to have just one home game, now zero and none of the away games,  Blackpool, Burnley and Norwich pas my PNE test, Possibly Near Enough, is a gigantic disappointment.

Oh well, roll on October which offers a whopping 7 games either home or pass the PNE test. It’s all or nothing…….

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Password Never Expires

For 3 years we were BSE!

• Like 1

To cancel the football because the Queen has died is unnecessary, albeit understandable. However, to cancel the football because the Queen has died, only to replace it with a game of rugby is blooming farcical. 
Football is extremely good at commemorating those it’s lost along the way, and should be rightly proud of that. Hardly a game goes by without a minutes silence, or a minutes applause which is usually respected by both sets of supporters  

If the rugby hierarchy can make a sensible and enlightened decision to play, then why can’t the football authorities have the same backbone. We are used to showing respect appropriately. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm missing the local facts. I've never been to Preston, but can supply a few:

The UK's first motorway - the Lancashire stretch of the M6 - was previously the Preston bypass.

Butch Cassidy (of Sundance Kid fame) had parents from Preston and reportedly grew up with a Lancashire accent.

The Bash Street Kids in the Beano were based on the artist's memories of growing up in Preston.

Tallest church spire in UK.

Birthplace of Freddie Flintoff and John Inman.

UK's first KFC was in Preston.

First ladies football team.

Preston (the main antagonist of the 1995 short film A Close Shave) is named after Preston, which is where Nick Park comes from.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

To cancel the football because the Queen has died is unnecessary, albeit understandable. However, to cancel the football because the Queen has died, only to replace it with a game of rugby is blooming farcical. 
Football is extremely good at commemorating those it’s lost along the way, and should be rightly proud of that. Hardly a game goes by without a minutes silence, or a minutes applause which is usually respected by both sets of supporters  

If the rugby hierarchy can make a sensible and enlightened decision to play, then why can’t the football authorities have the same backbone. We are used to showing respect appropriately. 

And the England vs South Africa Test Match will resume tomorrow. I await the outrage in the media at the lack of respect. Or not.

Could it be that cricket and rugby union are considered safely middle class but that football fans are oiks who can't be trusted to be as respectful as those decent chaps?

Needless to say the FSA's view that the games would have been a chance for fans to show their respects was ignored.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

And the England vs South Africa Test Match will resume tomorrow. I await the outrage in the media at the lack of respect. Or not.

Could it be that cricket and rugby union are considered safely middle class but that football fans are oiks who can't be trusted to be as respectful as those decent chaps?

Needless to say the FSA's view that the games would have been a chance for fans to show their respects was ignored.

Oiks as in Villa fans like William, son of the new king?