IGNORED

NFL season 2022

Erithacus

The 103rd NFL season kicked off with the Bills winning 31-10 in the reigning champions' own stadium. Former Rams DB Von Miller sacked Stafford twice and the Bills rushing attack were in determined mood. With a spluttering offense, the Rams looked off the pace for most of the game and turned the ball over several times.

So, game 1 is over and a packed weekend awaits! Who do you reckon will be making the plays this time?

Edited by Erithacus

Went up to London game yesterday. Good day out. Saints looked like they were going to get pumped by end of Q1 but did pretty well to put a fight up and make a really good game of it with lots of best offensive players missing. Talk about a tight finish ! 

disappointed Saints lost but good game and good day. Spurs stadium is lovely but it’s so badly organised on match day. The bars by us had run out of most beers and half the food options by end of the first quarter. Was similar when I went last year . Mad to think they can’t pull finger out 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, internetjef said:

Went up to London game yesterday. Good day out. Saints looked like they were going to get pumped by end of Q1 but did pretty well to put a fight up and make a really good game of it with lots of best offensive players missing. Talk about a tight finish ! 

disappointed Saints lost but good game and good day. Spurs stadium is lovely but it’s so badly organised on match day. The bars by us had run out of most beers and half the food options by end of the first quarter. Was similar when I went last year . Mad to think they can’t pull finger out 

The worst bit for me was getting back in to central London after the game. Hideous queues at all tube stations. Ended up squeezing on to a bus like a sardine for a lovely hour long journey. 

4 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

The worst bit for me was getting back in to central London after the game. Hideous queues at all tube stations. Ended up squeezing on to a bus like a sardine for a lovely hour long journey. 

Yeah it was pretty busy but I guess that’s prob pretty commonplace when these massive stadiums empty out. We walked to seven sisters tube station (25 mins or so) and got on there . Was still pretty chocca all the way and in the station though 

7 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Some great games again! I can't remember so many finishing inside a one-score outcome. Also can't recall the teams being so evenly matched - only one unbeaten thus far and several divisions looking wide open. The NFL is delivering.

The Bills were superb. Allen got the better of Mahomes.

Back from Wembley and watched a decent game. Broncos v Jags isn't the big clash it might have been, but not a blowout in the end. Some really off-colour plays and players to begin with, but the game started to tighten up in the second half when Russell Wilson had the time to pick receivers in the mid-range. In the end it fell to Trevor Lawrence to make the right plays at the right time - and sadly threw a pick with the last drive to go. He's young and learning the hard way, and not helped by the receiving corps.

It's been a while since I've been there and the place seems a little strange now all the tower blocks have encircled the stadium and the Olympic Way ramp is no more. Curiously, they announced the biggest crowd ever at a Wembley NFL game at over 86,000. Judging by the number of empty seats at kick-off, I can only assume there were loads waiting at the beer queue. Perhaps and more significantly, I did notice there were no touts lining the steps at the tube station. Coincidence?