IGNORED

NFL season 2022

Erithacus

I'm struggling to look past the Eagles' O line: they have 3 Pro Bowlers to K.C.'s 2. It's going to be tought to call, with both Conference number 1 seeds at the big show, So I fully expect the Chiefs' D.C. to dial up some blitzes in the first quarter to unsettle them but if the running game cannot be halted then I too feel the Eagles will win, perhaps by four. There doesn't seem to be much concern over Mahomes' ankle so they will feel more than capable of lifting the trophy. This game won't be over early with him in charge.

Other than that, my predicition is a large Vegetarian with extra olives, garlic bread and something wet to accompany. Superbowl here I come!

Well what a game! A classic Superbowl to erase the blow-outs of old. Two teams with lots of weapons gave a salutory lesson to the rest of the NFL.

Eagles' O-line were in unstoppable mood and Jalen Hurts was surfing a wave of humanity as he rushed for three TDs and a 2-pt conversion. They also were unfazed by two fourth-and-mid downs, achieving both at crucial times in the first half. With no real pass rush pressure he astonishingly fumbled when not contacted, giving the Chiefs a simple recovery TD - a tunrnover that may have been the only survival chance the Chiefs had in the first half. The Eagles' best defense was their offense - Mahomes hardly had any snaps.

But in the second half things swung around, and not in a predictable way. With his ankle sprain re-aggravated, it looked like it was curtains for KC. However, the warrior in him caused the gameplan to be altered and was some useful inspiration to his team-mates too. Suddenly the Chiefs' attack started to open up and find gaps in the Eagles' D.

But it was the two blown coverages in the secondary (thanks to Andy Reid's cunning) that gave the win to the Chiefs. With no real reply and a big punt return, the momentum became irresistible. Even when they were in the redzone, the Chiefs' managed to avoid The Accidental Touchdown and stopped near the goalline. A field goal with eight seconds left was where the story ended.

It certainly looks like a new era of the NFL with old QBs starting to fade and the new breed taking centre stage.

Hail to the Chiefs and counting down now to Draft Day...

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Two year agreement in principle but will he want two seasons? Jets are very much in the upsweep and it might just be the one ingredient that makes the difference. Meanwhile, the Packers' odds have shifted negatively.

But after the acrimony of recent times in Green Bay is Rodgers looking much further ahead? Could Nevada see the last pass in the career of Rodgers? All this just before Draft Day too.