IGNORED

Things to do this afternoon

Redar me

Well, the paint I've been watching for the past 8 hours has finally dried.

What now?

I'll probably stick pins in my eyes. This will provide much-needed, respite from so-called "royal commentators/correspondents/experts", (on what seems like every TV channel, radio station and newspaper), reminiscing, speculating and prattling on, hour after hour, about the most mundane things.

People's boredom thresholds aren't as high as they think.

If they keep this up, the Establishment and mainstream media will only succeed in alienating millions of (more) people from the Royals.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Tip run done, now what?

Its usually at this point we read:

- that midfield will get over-run

- Vyner FFS

- Pring not on the bus

???

I've cut the lawn - well, the green tufty bits in the oasis of brown.

Done some touch up painting - this will last about twenty minutes before the grandkids demolish it again.

Been to the tip - Ended up being charged more for dumping some slate than I paid for it in the first place.

With boredom beginning to settle in, I might just go and turn over the compost heap.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Completed pack 2 of Joe’s Lego Millennium Falcon (not the £750 one I hasten to add)…with Joe.  Basically I handed him the pieces.  There was a time when I got to do most of it, alas no more.

image.jpeg

I know Dave, men buy toys for their kids then the kids spoil it by insisting on playing with them themselves!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Well, the paint I've been watching for the past 8 hours has finally dried.

What now?

I'll probably stick pins in my eyes. This will provide much-needed, respite from so-called "royal commentators/correspondents/experts", (on what seems like every TV channel, radio station and newspaper), reminiscing, speculating and prattling on, hour after hour, about the most mundane things.

People's boredom thresholds aren't as high as they think.

If they keep this up, the Establishment and mainstream media will only succeed in alienating millions of (more) people from the Royals.

Spoke to my Sister in Adelaide yesterday and she said that the Australian TV crew were interviewing the gardener at Kensington Palace as we spoke.  FFS

24 minutes ago, mikep said:

I've cut the lawn - well, the green tufty bits in the oasis of brown.

Done some touch up painting - this will last about twenty minutes before the grandkids demolish it again.

Been to the tip - Ended up being charged more for dumping some slate than I paid for it in the first place.

With boredom beginning to settle in, I might just go and turn over the compost heap.

Our gardening goddess came to help me trim an overgrown bush !!!  Champers time now though.

4 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

(We'd have also had shed load of booze )

Love you, need you, want you xx

5 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Spoke to my Sister in Adelaide yesterday and she said that the Australian TV crew were interviewing the gardener at Kensington Palace as we spoke.  FFS

I beleive he is 53,237,693 in the line of succession.

So the media will consider that to be a particularly valid interview.

Won't be long before they start interviewing the corgis.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jimatno9 said:

i’m watching the afternoon performance of to kill a mockingbird in the west end - london is rammed with people going to the theatre. We had a minutes silence - cannot see the difference to this and a football match

Us football fans are obviously more respectful than theatre going thugs !!

4 minutes ago, Jimatno9 said:

i’m watching the afternoon performance of to kill a mockingbird in the west end - london is rammed with people going to the theatre. We had a minutes silence - cannot see the difference to this and a football match

The silence lasts all through he play at the theatre. At football you can sing and shout and swear as much as you want afterwards. That’s the difference.  ?

Edited by italian dave

48 minutes ago, BigTone said:

That's the trouble with blanket coverage of these events you end up with "People look at flowers" as a news item.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-62842089

I remember being in the States not long after 9/11 and seeing a news item about the correct way to pronounce Al-Qaeda, seriously.

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

That's the trouble with blanket coverage of these events you end up with "People look at flowers" as a news item.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-62842089

I remember being in the States not long after 9/11 and seeing a news item about the correct way to pronounce Al-Qaeda, seriously.

Crazy isn't it.  Ghoulish more like.

Edited by BigTone
  • Thanks 1