IGNORED

Should NTTDS Have His Own Thread?

Port Said Red

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Bit of an over reaction there Noggers if you don't mind me saying. The word "spamming" was the first one that came to mind as I had just come out of my mailbox and cleared a load out of there. As for the use of emojis, as I said in my follow up post, I thought the wording was lighthearted enough, why text has to have little faces to convey it's meaning is a modern thing I guess. Oscar Wilde and other great wits through the years must have wished they had access to them.

I did consider my post might be seen as OTT, nevertheless I felt it needed saying as Ted is not one to defend himself.

If you don't like emoji's, fair enough, but you do seem keen on gifs - perhaps a suitable one could have been included instead to show your post was meant to be seen as amusing, lighthearted and friendly, because, to me at least, it really didn't come across that way.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I did consider my post might be seen as OTT, nevertheless I felt it needed saying as Ted is not one to defend himself.

If you don't like emoji's, fair enough, but you do seem keen on gifs - perhaps a suitable one could have been included instead to show your post was meant to be seen as amusing, lighthearted and friendly, because, to me at least, it really didn't come across that way.

Fair enough, it seems to have divided a few. I did follow up with a clarification for those who didn't see it the way it was intended. 

I think if you went back through Teds posts in the past, I usually respond with either a thank you or confusion, which I think probably reflects the views of many other posters.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

As we all know, it is sometimes extremely difficult to convey one’s true feelings in a short post, and what might have been  intended as a humorous comment can easily be misconstrued as insulting.

A few years ago, I was threatened with a ban by Dolly, who, incidentally, seems to be a very infrequent poster now she is a mother, for the perceived  offence of insulting Mad Cyril.

In response to one of his frequent amusing posts, I suggested that his humour was pathetic and childish, asking him to keep up the good work....

I was genuinely posting that I enjoyed his posts, but my point was totally misunderstood.

I think Dolly was threatening you with a ban as your post was in French! This would explain the misunderstanding. Mange tout Phil, Mange tout!

• Like 1

• Admin
4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bring back Tommy.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Longest ban ever

26 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I really miss Tommy and his bizarre rants. Thoroughly good bloke.

Do we REALLY have to go through this yet again? 

He was banned multiple times and given "one more chance" on multiple occasions 

To his credit he would always donate to anyone fundraising on here and sounds like a decent chap 

But it's time people moved on after all these years and realised he's never coming back on here due to the multiple rules he broke 

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

Do we REALLY have to go through this yet again? 

He was banned multiple times and given "one more chance" on multiple occasions 

To his credit he would always donate to anyone fundraising on here and sounds like a decent chap 

But it's time people moved on after all these years and realised he's never coming back on here due to the multiple rules he broke 

Bring back Tommy !!  There were a lot of others on here that were worse. Taxi for everybody being one depending on what he called himself each different week and yet he got away with being totally antagonistic.

Edited by BigTone

• Admin
3 hours ago, BigTone said:

Bring back Tommy !!  There were a lot of others on here that were worse. Taxi for everybody being one depending on what he called himself each different week and yet he got away with being totally antagonistic.

How would you know what has been reported and hidden? 

He's not coming back, time people moved on