IGNORED

Should NTTDS Have His Own Thread?

Port Said Red

Having woken up to see the board spammed again with NTTDS posts on a variety of topics of varying interest or relevance, I wonder whether he should be offered a single pinned thread of his own or even a Sub forum? 

This would allow those interested in Norwich City's AGM or Burnley's train journey to Preston to discuss them without missing them as they rapidly drop off page 1 of the main forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Hmmm 1

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Having woken up to see the board spammed again with NTTDS posts on a variety of topics of varying interest or relevance, I wonder whether he should be offered a single pinned thread of his own or even a Sub forum? 

This would allow those interested in Norwich City's AGM or Burnley's train journey to Preston to discuss them without missing them as they rapidly drop off page 1 of the main forum.

My suggestion would be to simply not click on his threads if you don’t want too 

• Like 13

I'm sorry, is my post coming across as being anything less than slightly amused, which is all that was intended? 

I agree that generally one should just ignore threads that are not of interest, this was just my reaction to finding that like many other mornings, every other thread was NTTDS initiated which makes ignoring difficult 

The stuff about the trains is often informative, although more so when it's about City fans travelling. :whistle:

I have no "beef", I was just lightheartedly suggesting that he could easily fill his own Sub forum.

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I enjoy the sometimes quirky and sometimes informative posts of NTTDs, but if it’s not something I’d be interested in I just don’t click on the post. Surely it’s that simple? Seems unnecessary to single him out imho.  

• Like 1

Just now, lenred said:

I enjoy the sometimes quirky and sometimes informative posts of NTTDs, but if it’s not something I’d be interested in I just don’t click on the post. Surely it’s that simple? Seems unnecessary to single him out imho.  

See my response above.

39 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

NTTDS is a Bristol City treasure and should be treated as such.

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

47 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Own thread, freak me NTTDS should have his own forum. 
:yes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

5000 football fans travelling 25 miles and the moronic train companies can't see a chance to fill loads of carriages and make a tidy profit. No wonder the rail network is  a total shambles. More interested in striking than making money. Thanks Nev I thought it was interesting.

Not sure the train companies are interested in striking....

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

5000 football fans travelling 25 miles and the moronic train companies can't see a chance to fill loads of carriages and make a tidy profit. No wonder the rail network is  a total shambles. More interested in striking than making money. Thanks Nev I thought it was interesting.

Not sure I'm following the outrage here.

49 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I'm sorry, is my post coming across as being anything less than slightly amused, which is all that was intended? 

I agree that generally one should just ignore threads that are not of interest, this was just my reaction to finding that like many other mornings, every other thread was NTTDS initiated which makes ignoring difficult 

The stuff about the trains is often informative, although more so when it's about City fans travelling. :whistle:

I have no "beef", I was just lightheartedly suggesting that he could easily fill his own Sub forum.

There wasn't anything in your OP to suggest your mood was lighthearted, or that you were amused.

If that was your intention there are plenty of smiley and lighthearted emoji's you could have used to help avoid any misunderstanding.

And if you didn't mean to be in any way derogatory perhaps don't use the word spamming to describe his forum input?

As it is, seemingly picking Ted out for criticism or ridicule comes across as mean spirited and a bit rude, neither of which NTTDS, a fixture on this forum and appreciated by many, deserves.

All a bit unnecessary imo PSR.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

There wasn't anything in your OP to suggest your mood was lighthearted, or that you were amused.

If that was your intention there are plenty of smiley and lighthearted emoji's you could have used to help avoid any misunderstanding.

And if you didn't mean to be in any way derogatory perhaps don't use the word spamming to describe his forum input?

As it is, seemingly picking Ted out for criticism or ridicule comes across as mean spirited and a bit rude, neither of which NTTDS, a fixture on this forum and appreciated by many, deserves.

As we all know, it is sometimes extremely difficult to convey one’s true feelings in a short post, and what might have been  intended as a humorous comment can easily be misconstrued as insulting.

A few years ago, I was threatened with a ban by Dolly, who, incidentally, seems to be a very infrequent poster now she is a mother, for the perceived  offence of insulting Mad Cyril.

In response to one of his frequent amusing posts, I suggested that his humour was pathetic and childish, asking him to keep up the good work....

I was genuinely posting that I enjoyed his posts, but my point was totally misunderstood.

31 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Bit of an over reaction there Noggers if you don't mind me saying. The word "spamming" was the first one that came to mind as I had just come out of my mailbox and cleared a load out of there. As for the use of emojis, as I said in my follow up post, I thought the wording was lighthearted enough, why text has to have little faces to convey it's meaning is a modern thing I guess. Oscar Wilde and other great wits through the years must have wished they had access to them.

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Given enough time it is possible to rearrange the timetable and source extra rolling stock to provide an increased service however up until only last Thursday night it was thought that services would have to end early because of RMT and ASLEF industrial action from midnight Wednesday.

The ‘companies’ were never striking, it’s the workers. Unfortunately it appears that there are plenty of people out there like yourself who, despite being well aware of the financial difficulties everyone is facing, feels disgust at working class people asking for a pay rise to try to keep up with rising inflation after 3 years of a pay freeze.

Shame.

By the way, don’t worry about them making a ‘tidy profit’, they’ve done that already in the last few years despite Covid. God forbid the workers should see any of it though….

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Flames 1