IGNORED

World Cup Kits

ExiledAjax

Most countries have now released their kits for the upcoming World Cup. Whatever your level of interest in this weird and corrupt circus of navel-gazing and brown envelope swapping, at least we've been given some lovely (and some not so lovely) football shirts to look at.

View them all here: https://www.footballkitarchive.com/world-cup-2022-kits/

Flops are basically any of the Puma away shirts with the weird squares on the front. Netherlands are taking some flack for their shiny off-brand Aldi orange offering this year. I think England's are pretty subpar as well to be honest. We don't have much to work with but the blues shoulders on the home kit just look a tad naff.

Personal favourites of mine are Mexico away;

mex away.jpg

and Ecuador away (in my opinion Ecuador have a beautiful trio of kits):

ecu away.jpg

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 3

I don't dislike the Red, looks like previous kits we've had.

The home shirt, not a fan.

1947609106_Screenshot2022-09-16at12_34_59.png.645853b2e098be968def64512c56da6f.png

There are worse, I'm really not sure about these. Germany is close, but nah.

Belgium, not sure what's going on with sleeves this time around.

847488261_Screenshot2022-09-16at12_37_53.png.5b1c3df7341278e504d43fe276bfd1d4.png

Brazil 

1168824395_Screenshot2022-09-16at12_38_21.png.b57d8615e61b8b81a7030868879c76eb.png 

Ecuador below

1480351443_Screenshot2022-09-16at12_39_09.png.d32d55bc02fe9dae8185b9f082dcfd80.png

2063198239_Screenshot2022-09-16at12_39_42.png.c358505462fd261f8564af5d55049aff.png

The England home and both Dutch kits are shocking.

I can never get my head around why we have to have so much blue on an England home strip. The national flag of England is red and white. Those should be the only colours to feature.

Some tidy designs among the dross but most of them just look like very, very expensive T-Shrts.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Offside said:

England’s home kit looks naff.   

I like France’s kit. Germany’s with the central stripe down the front might take some getting used to. 

The France home kit is nice...but it's pretty dull. It's like a nice polo you might wear out. It's clean and crisp but it's not going to get you noticed.

39 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I won't be going anywhere near the England kits. I am totally adverse to blue on the home shirt but that's the worst England red shirt I've ever seen. The good news is that it won't be seen beyond the quarter finals. 

Agree, the red England away is pretty bad! ? Trying to get a light blue to work with primary red, even with an outline is a basic no no in colour theory.

I honestly think Nike are using the out of season tournament as a chance to test  sales data on the tolerance of customers to still buy product with significantly lower investment in design (ie cheap & amateur) since it will identify to them the potential to increase product dev margins in future years by reducing their design costs.

It's seems too great a coincidence that so many top countries are describing their 22 WC Nike kits as the "worst since X". Seen it for England, Netherlands and Portugal. Portugal's is beyond laughable, achieving the unthinkable feat of looking more tacky than the souvineer shop knock offs. Over social media I'm yet to see one single nice comment on official Portugal posts. It has been absolutely ridiculed by everyone. 

11 minutes ago, Olé said:

I honestly think Nike are using the out of season tournament as a chance to test  sales data on the tolerance of customers to still buy product with significantly lower investment in design (ie cheap & amateur) since it will identify to them the potential to increase product dev margins in future years by reducing their design costs.

It's seems too great a coincidence that so many top countries are describing their 22 WC Nike kits as the "worst since X". Seen it for England, Netherlands and Portugal. Portugal's is beyond laughable, achieving the unthinkable feat of looking more tacky than the souvineer shop knock offs. Over social media I'm yet to see one single nice comment on official Portugal posts. It has been absolutely ridiculed by everyone. 

Portugal's kit is so dull I've only just gone back and noticed it. 

17 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

The England home and both Dutch kits are shocking.

I can never get my head around why we have to have so much blue on an England home strip. The national flag of England is red and white. Those should be the only colours to feature.

Some tidy designs among the dross but most of them just look like very, very expensive T-Shrts.

It’s said every 2 years when an international kit is released. Shirt colours are reflective of the FA colours, not the flag. 

I think the reds beautiful, early 90s vibes, but not sure about red shorts!

Germany home is different. Denmark’s very nice.

14 hours ago, Olé said:

Its an embarrassment, normally deliver a decent top so this is just woeful. 

Myself and my cousin always get the Portugal tournament tops, this year its a hard no. 

11 hours ago, MarcusX said:

It’s said every 2 years when an international kit is released. Shirt colours are reflective of the FA colours, not the flag. 

Genuinely did not know that and the first world cup I clearly remember was 1982. Never heard they're based on the FA colours. 

Having said that though. I actually think that makes it worse not better. Who gives a **** about the FA? National shirts should mean national colours. I can't think of any other country in the world that adopted the colour of their football governing body..

Good grief our kit is awful. I’d rather buy the Lionesses kit from this summer, much nicer.

Incidentally I don’t know why the men and women don’t wear the same kit; presumably to try to sell (yet) more shirts, but the England “brand” would be a lot stronger with consistency across the teams, in my opinion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Genuinely did not know that and the first world cup I clearly remember was 1982. Never heard they're based on the FA colours. 

Having said that though. I actually think that makes it worse not better. Who gives a **** about the FA? National shirts should mean national colours. I can't think of any other country in the world that adopted the colour of their football governing body..

Well, the Italian flag isn't blue, the German flag isn't black and white, the Dutch flag isn't orange etc, so there's plenty of nations that don't take their colours from their national flag.

On 16/09/2022 at 19:34, Olé said:

I saw the first of the Puma away shirts (Senegal) and thought it looked really different, then saw the same design for about 3 other countries, just lazy.

I don't think you can go wrong with Mexico or Uruguay,, classic colours.

Canada's kit looks like they sowed the arms on from another kit that's not quite the same shade of red. 

I am going to be putting in a copyright infringement case on behalf of my 5yr old grand daughter for S Korea's away kit. ;)

USA's kit would make a great England kit.