IGNORED

Alex Scott called up for England u20

Unan

34 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

Ridiculous it makes you wonder if these scouts actually do anything but have conversations so many people have roles in football stealing a living because of who they know… drives me mad

That's a part of the football industry sadly. You see it often in the form of favours, connections whatever in the transfer and particularly loan market too.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

More to the point, congrats to Alex Scott.

Conway for Scotland U21, Scott for England U20 and Semenyo for Ghana. Excellent and testament to the academy (yes I know, Guernsey and the college in the case of the last two).

Kalas although not academy would also be in and around the Czech squad were he fit.

Also Weimann and OLeary have had call ups.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Logical-City said:

Ridiculous it makes you wonder if these scouts actually do anything but have conversations so many people have roles in football stealing a living because of who they know… drives me mad

Certainly wouldn’t say it’s ridiculous he isn’t in the under 21s squad.  Maybe he should be in there but it’s not a complete no brainer 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Certainly wouldn’t say it’s ridiculous he isn’t in the under 21s squad.  Maybe he should be in there but it’s not a complete no brainer 

High number of championship appearances been outstanding all season, stand out for England in the summer in a tournament win and was the best player on the park against league leaders Weds I’d make that a no brainer but we’re not all the same 

15 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

High number of championship appearances been outstanding all season, stand out for England in the summer in a tournament win and was the best player on the park against league leaders Weds I’d make that a no brainer but we’re not all the same 

Depends how long you spend thinking about it I guess.  You are ignoring who was picked ahead of him.  You may well think that Scott is more deserving than one of them but it can hardly be considering a scandal that he hasn’t been picked. He is competing against very good players in his position. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

who are Mcatee, Garner and Doyle ? Have they played more competitive football than Alex I stand corrected if so and will be humbled ?‍♂️

I don't know, but suspect that the club's they play for, rather than the amount if competitive football they've played, is the main reason they've been selected.

20 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

Who would you put him in front of in the under 21 squad?

23 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

who are Mcatee, Garner and Doyle ? Have they played more competitive football than Alex I stand corrected if so and will be humbled ?‍♂️

Had a quick look.

Mcatee certainly has not, Garner certainly has but then he's 21, 2 and a half years older than Scott so he should have...went up with Nottingham Forest last season on loan.

Doyle hasn't- on loan at Cardiff last year, Sheffield United this. He is 20, turns 21 in October so older than Scott again.

Mcatee is also older by about 10 months than Scott, so could make a case for Scott over him and perhaps Doyle IMO.

16 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

McAtee (19) - Man City (on loan at Sheffield Utd) - played in PL, Champions League and already played for Eng u21s. Not many minutes, but “next Foden” allegedly.

Garner (21) - Everton (just signed for £9m from Man Utd).  Been on loan at Watford and Forest last two seasons making 81 appearances.  7 Eng u21 caps so far.

Doyle (20) - Man City (on loan at Sheffield Utd) - 20 games for Cardiff last season, small number of games for Hamburg in Bundesliga.2, 6 u21 caps already. Made PL debut too.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

McAtee (19) - Man City (on loan at Sheffield Utd) - played in PL, Champions League and already played for Eng u21s. Not many minutes, but “next Foden” allegedly.

Garner (21) - Everton (just signed for £9m from Man Utd).  Been on loan at Watford and Forest last two seasons making 81 appearances.  7 Eng u21 caps so far.

Doyle (20) - Man City (on loan at Sheffield Utd) - 20 games for Cardiff last season, small number of games for Hamburg in Bundesliga.2, 6 u21 caps already. Made PL debut too.

Think a reasonable argument for Scott over the 1st and last IMO.

Garner should be in there but then again should Scott be weighted a bit higher due to age?