IGNORED

Alex Scott called up for England u20

Unan

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think a reasonable for Scott vs the 1st and last IMO.

Garner should be in there but then again should Scott be weighted a bit higher due to age?

I’m not passing judgement, just providing info…if the person who asked hasn’t heard of the three players it’s hard for him to really argue a case isn’t it?

I’ve not seen anything of McAtee bar the odd highlight this season, and the noise when he made his UCL debut.  So I couldn’t possibly comment on him.

Garner is “ok” imho, but I’ll be surprised if he makes a big impression at Everton (famous last words).  I didn’t see him being key to Forest or Watford in his loans.  Not saying he’s crap either…but he doesn’t jump out at me.  I don’t think Man Utd let him go if he’s “all that”.

Doyle I thought looked good for Cardiff.  Good all-round game.

I just think we are showing a bit of own-club bias.  We should be proud that he’s gone straight up an age group, and judge how he does in those games first.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Bard said:

The squad is more or less identical to the under 19s that won the euros.   There's an under 20s world cup in May. Next season go to under 21s.

It's obvious really

To restate, it's not a slight to be put in the under 20s rather than the under 21s.  He will play in both under 20s games as they prepare for their World Cup.  If he'd gone into the under 21s he'd have got a 10 minute sub appearance.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Scott still qualifies for the u19s I think, so he's gone up an age group and getting recognition.

I feel his progression through the age groups is good. Allowing good development time. As much as I would love to keep him as long as poss. I hope his career is as great as he is promising. He always be a red on my book 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not passing judgement, just providing info…if the person who asked hasn’t heard of the three players it’s hard for him to really argue a case isn’t it?

I’ve not seen anything of McAtee bar the odd highlight this season, and the noise when he made his UCL debut.  So I couldn’t possibly comment on him.

Garner is “ok” imho, but I’ll be surprised if he makes a big impression at Everton (famous last words).  I didn’t see him being key to Forest or Watford in his loans.  Not saying he’s crap either…but he doesn’t jump out at me.  I don’t think Man Utd let him go if he’s “all that”.

Doyle I thought looked good for Cardiff.  Good all-round game.

I just think we are showing a bit of own-club bias.  We should be proud that he’s gone straight up an age group, and judge how he does in those games first.

I suppose although Garner's end product in 2021-22 at Nottingham Forest, 8 goals and 4 assists in the League. Championship game time exceeds Scott too although Watford especially he was in a strong strong side for the level, parachute bolstered etc.

Nottingham Forest string but on the crest of a wave but otoh what was he doing age 18 and 19 is another counter point?

Scott may outstrip Doyle IMO in a few ways decent though the latter is and Mcatee, I'd say Scott again from a range of metrics.