IGNORED

BEANIE RIP

sticks 1969

• The title was changed to BEANIE RIP

Top man Beanie, many a day has been ruined today, raised a glass this afternoon with sadness but also pride to have known you mate. Didn't know Beanie as long as many did, but in the years I got to know you over that last 12 years, there is no one that made a bigger impression in my football life and especially England trips. Amazingly funny, top England boy respected across the country, an extraordinary character, never heard a bad word against Beanie, such was the love and respect for an absolute gentleman, for a man with endless hilarious one liners. Loved our football club, loved England, loved his wife, so appropriate going up there same time as our beloved Queen. Truly sad right now. Love to Mandy, and Beanie's other family of course, from me me and Jayne. x  ????:englandsmile4wf:

• Like 7
  • Robin 2

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Very sad, last time I saw him I thought he didn’t look well & someone said to me that he’d been really ill.

One of many from that era, like Ronnie & Tuba that are sadly no longer with us.

Sad news indeed , Beanie as well now  from those days just like Ronnie as you say , they were great days for those that were  around then , hairy days at times but great memories

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Magger1 said:

Beanie you were the top boy and many of us followed you ,always great company you will be sorely missed but it’s time to rest my friend so until we meet again RIP IAN XX

Well said Maggsie.
Beanie was a really great guy to knock about with at football. Had some right laughs on his away day coaches, many we can’t share on here. He was great company. Told some funny stories. Another one from my era gone. He will be looking down on City home and away along with the rest of the City lads. You are now at rest Beanie.
RIP.

• Like 2