IGNORED

BEANIE RIP

sticks 1969

Goodnight Ian. Pleasure knowing you mate, not only at City games but good times in South Bristol and down town. 

As others have said, a top man with the sharpest dry wit. Always remember queuing up to get in Busbys. Beanie had leather sandals on(I know but the height of fashion then), the bouncer said he couldn't come in "cause he had holes in his shoes" , Beanie said, "you've got holes in your shoes", bouncer said "no I haven't", Bean said "how do you put 'em on then". Brilliant.

Commiserations to Mandy and family and friends. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, freezer said:

Goodnight Ian. Pleasure knowing you mate, not only at City games but good times in South Bristol and down town. 

As others have said, a top man with the sharpest dry wit. Always remember queuing up to get in Busbys. Beanie had leather sandals on(I know but the height of fashion then), the bouncer said he couldn't come in "cause he had holes in his shoes" , Beanie said, "you've got holes in your shoes", bouncer said "no I haven't", Bean said "how do you put 'em on then". Brilliant.

Commiserations to Mandy and family and friends. 

So funny , typical bean  , he was such a funny bloke with great wit always said with a straight face . Probably done more and travelled in his life then some people would do in 10 lives . 

Although I mostly travelled on Taffy’s coaches to away games back then,I did occasionally travel on Beanies,top bloke Beanie.Like someone said previously,hairy at times,but absolutely wouldn’t of missed those away days for love nor money.RIP mate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

Although I mostly travelled on Taffy’s coaches to away games back then,I did occasionally travel on Beanies,top bloke Beanie.Like someone said previously,hairy at times,but absolutely wouldn’t of missed those away days for love nor money.RIP mate.

Well said.

One away day on Eagle travel that I do recall (there were lots), was when we went to Leicester away in the FA Cup at Filbert street. Jackie did the business on the pitch and Eagle travel did the biz off the pitch.
Full coach going up, 6 City fans on the coach on the way home! One mad day.
Not gonna share too many details on here but you were always guaranteed a lively day out. Great fun.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tin Soldier said:

Well said.

One away day on Eagle travel that I do recall (there were lots), was when we went to Leicester away in the FA Cup at Filbert street. Jackie did the business on the pitch and Eagle travel did the biz off the pitch.
Not gonna share too many details on here but you were always guaranteed a lively day out. Great fun.

Sounds like a book should be written. 

14 hours ago, Tin Soldier said:

Well said.

Underground Bar in Krakow.

Small group of City sat at a table.

Team of Polish skins come in.

One big skin strides up and says "you have ten seconds to leave our bar now".

Beanie turns looks the skinhead up and down with disdain and utters this.

"Bristol City is running the show and we will leave in ten minutes".

Bean turns back around leaving Bald leader not knowing what to say or do.

That was it .. Beaned.

• Like 5

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

A few of us have set up a just giving app on line for a collection for IAN BEANIE DADDS it will either go to a football related floral tribute or if family request a charity but please donate as the guy was a LEGEND 

Can you share the link on here please?