IGNORED

Conway set for Scotland

AshtonRobin21

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Indeed, just checked and Nixon even clarified on a follow-up tweet that he is, was the standby if needed.

Although a sceptic may also wonder if he was hedging his bets...

Screenshot_20220922-232722_Chrome.jpg

From getting called up to standy is a bit of a ass covering

It's just another in a long line of nixon being wrong about pretty much everything since he went onto patreon 

On 20/09/2022 at 15:01, Port Said Red said:

Seb Palmer-Houlden

Tommy Backwell

Both seem in favour.  SP-H is a prospect

Sam Pearson is having a good run out at Yeovil but is being played wide.

Not sure if Prince Henry is fancied?

The next generation again has Ben Ap Sion just signed from from Guernsey.

Backwell is a midfielder (No8)

On 23/09/2022 at 13:39, Simon bristol said:

Could he/ should he be expecting an england under 21 call up? Scoring that many this season clearly isnt an easy feat?! Im well happy for him, seems a great lad too!

England U21's have 2 main CF options, Rhian Brewster and Florian Balogun, Conway wouldn't get in ahead of either of those.

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

England U21's have 2 main CF options, Rhian Brewster and Florian Balogun, Conway wouldn't get in ahead of either of those.

The stupid thing is that Balogun did very little at Boro on loan last season.  Lot of clamour for us to sign him last season on loan, but pretty much every time I’ve watched him, he’s on the periphery of things.  So you could argue “why not Conway?” Based on his form this season.  But your answer could be “because he’s not at Arsenal”.

Balogun, imho, is a young player whose reputation for scoring in PL2, exceeded his performance levels last season at Boro and for Eng u21s.

He has started well on loan in France however this season.

• Like 3

On 23/09/2022 at 13:39, Simon bristol said:

Could he/ should he be expecting an england under 21 call up? Scoring that many this season clearly isnt an easy feat?! Im well happy for him, seems a great lad too!

I'm a big fan of Conway but I think it's probably in his interests to stick with Scotland. He's got the makings of a very good Championship striker and might well be a Premier League player in the future but - much as I'd love him to prove me wrong - I don't think he's ever quite going to be "best 3 or 4 English out and out strikers of the moment" good, and that's where he'd need to be to be in the England squad. We saw how good Abraham was and he's not quite cemented a place in the squad. If he commits to Scotland, Conway has a good chance of a solid International career. 

• Like 5

I watched the 2nd half, he played the full 90.

Had 2 chances, one he hit straight at the keeper from 6 yards out from a driven cross, the other on the end of a deep cross on the angle which the defender blocked, very difficult chance.

Most of the service to him was in the air, long, straight down the middle or an over hit ball into the channel.

When they did get in the final 3rd, they had a tendency to over play instead of sticking a cross in. Certainly didn't play to his strengths but he's new to the group.

He'd probably look better in 20 mins for the senior team with more experienced players around him.

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm a big fan of Conway but I think it's probably in his interests to stick with Scotland. He's got the makings of a very good Championship striker and might well be a Premier League player in the future but - much as I'd love him to prove me wrong - I don't think he's ever quite going to be "best 3 or 4 English out and out strikers of the moment" good, and that's where he'd need to be to be in the England squad. We saw how good Abraham was and he's not quite cemented a place in the squad. If he commits to Scotland, Conway has a good chance of a solid International career. 

And still leaving his Summer's free for holidays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12