IGNORED

Bath City FA Cup

Red Army 75

Ok lads and lasses, I was having a discussion and the Bath City FA cup game came up, played In 1986. We were both at the game, we drew 1-1 and then won the replay. I can’t find the info of who scored. If I remember rightly Bath went 1 up with a screamer. Both games were played at the gate. 

Question who scored for Bath and for City . Driving me mad

Edited by Red Army 75

34 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Ok lads and lasses, I was having a discussion and the Bath City FA cup game came up, played In 1986. We were both at the game, we drew 1-1 and then won the replay. I can’t find the info of who scored. If I remember rightly Bath went 1 up with a screamer. Both games were played at the gate. 

‘‘Twas Steve Neville ??

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

I think that was a few years later, a non league side at AG bit I can't remember who. Kingstonian maybe? Tony Thorpe scored the last minute equaliser from memory. 

I remember that game well as I was with two Kingston supporters that I`d taken to the game. Thank you TT, the trip home would have been unbearable!

We won the replay 1-0 (Scotty) and it was on Sky when very few people had it and I remember having to beg to watch it at someone`s house.

One of our close shaves maintaining our record of never having lost to a non-league side in the Cup - a record some other local clubs are envious of having been knocked out by one most seasons.

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

First game was 6th December 1986, the replay was 9th December 1986

Kingstonian was 27th January 2001 with the replay on 7th February 2001

26 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

One of our close shaves maintaining our record of never having lost to a non-league side in the Cup - a record some other local clubs are envious of having been knocked out by one most seasons.

I always used to believe this but there was one in (I think) the 1920's, a team you usually think of as a league side but they weren't then. Aldershot or something I think. 

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I think that was a few years later, a non league side at AG bit I can't remember who. Kingstonian maybe? Tony Thorpe scored the last minute equaliser from memory. 

38 minutes ago, Offside said:

The highlights from the Bath games are on here on YouTube, about 7 mins in. 

32 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

You are correct. 7:20 ish , in.

Thanks , had it wrong way round 

3 hours ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Wasn't this when we equalised with the last kick of the game? 

3 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Very late equaliser, around 42 mins in on this one.

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

I always used to believe this but there was one in (I think) the 1920's, a team you usually think of as a league side but they weren't then. Aldershot or something I think. 

I thought it was Spurs when they were Southern League or something like that.

Still, we can ignore that - over 100 years ago doesn`t count for me. A century of it never happening whereas some sides don`t even go a decade!

• Like 1