IGNORED

Amazon, Lord of the rings.

B1ackbird

On 23/09/2022 at 22:14, B1ackbird said:

Anyone manage to watch this woke pile of w*** till the end of an episode? This has to be without doubt this biggest waste of half a billion dollars since the Glazers said "let's buy some players." I'm sure it'll make a difference.

Never seen it.

You seek almost as outraged as when the makers of Doctor Who decided it should be a woman.

A sci-fi show about someone with multiple lives who can travel in time and the thing that annoyed them was that it MUST be a bloke.

It. Isn't. Real.

I think "colour blind casting" as they call it is great. The most recent Dickens adaptation, A Personal History of David Copperfield being the best example I have seen. 

I haven't watched the LOTR stuff so @B1ackbird may be entirely correct about it being rubbish for other reasons. I watched about 5 minutes of the Hobbit movie on Channel 4 last night and I find all those silly names for people and places so Monty Python I can't stop laughing.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think "colour blind casting" as they call it is great. The most recent Dickens adaptation, A Personal History of David Copperfield being the best example I have seen. 

I haven't watched the LOTR stuff so @B1ackbird may be entirely correct about it being rubbish for other reasons. I watched about 5 minutes of the Hobbit movie on Channel 4 last night and I find all those silly names for people and places so Monty Python I can't stop laughing.

If you can't suspend disbelief for the Hobbit, it's probably best you steer clear of LotR altogether :P

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

If you can't suspend disbelief for the Hobbit, it's probably best you steer clear of LotR altogether :P

I watched the Jackson trilogy, it was an incredible feat of technical work and direction and I could admire it for that. I have always preferred my SF and Fantasy to be more of the "what if" type to some extent. Space Odyssey over Star Wars, alternative universes and timelines to fairy tales. 

I think generally for me, it has to be either very serious or fully tongue in cheek to engage me. 

• Thanks 1