IGNORED

Irrational annoyance #564

slartibartfast

I'm sure it must be just me (according to Mrs S) but,  .......It so annoys me when BBC Breakfast and News at Ten hand over for the local headlines, in this case Points West and the tart in the studio says "Thank you Naga (or Charlie, or Fiona)"    THEY CAN'T ****** HEAR YOU !   I know it's a stupid little thing, but really grinds my piss (or boils my gears).... I just think it's very rude, just say "Good morning/ Evening " FFS   !

rant over

• Like 4

14 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I'm sure it must be just me (according to Mrs S) but,  .......It so annoys me when BBC Breakfast and News at Ten hand over for the local headlines, in this case Points West and the tart in the studio says "Thank you Naga (or Charlie, or Fiona)"    THEY CAN'T ****** HEAR YOU !   I know it's a stupid little thing, but really grinds my piss (or boils my gears).... I just think it's very rude, just say "Good morning/ Evening " FFS   !

rant over

They "thank" the presenter even when they do a pre-record. Someone stood outside a - say - Crown Court at 4pm, taping a package about some case, and they'll inevitably start with a "Well, Huw [or whoever]" speaking to an anchor-person who may not even have arrived for work. 

14 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

rant over

its you,its not REALLY annoying until it makes your shit itch

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

They "thank" the presenter even when they do a pre-record. Someone stood outside a - say - Crown Court at 4pm, taping a package about some case, and they'll inevitably start with a "Well, Huw [or whoever]" speaking to an anchor-person who may not even have arrived for work. 

And another thing.................when it's a live handover to someone outside, the correspondent stands there like a nodding dog for about 5 seconds, JUST STAY STILL !

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

And another thing.................when it's a live handover to someone outside, the correspondent stands there like a nodding dog for about 5 seconds, JUST STAY STILL !

They’re told to do that so they know the line between them is working as they hand over, especially as there’s often a delay. I’m not trying to take away one of your moans, honest. 

• Haha 1

On 24/09/2022 at 00:37, slartibartfast said:

rant over

Why ? Are they deaf ?

• Haha 1

Slarti, never mind newsreaders doing that annoying 'thank you. You can add Geoff Twentyman to your rant. All the summarisers from other games are recorded via 5 Live yet he thanks them. 

I think you'll find that it is part laziness and part BBC protocol. If you watch BBC News, the presenter has to name check at the start who is going to talk. For instance....

Presenter: Over now to our reporter Slarti Bartflast who is at the Memorial Stadium. Slarti, why have Bristol Rovers decided to stop trading?

Slarti: Because they're xxxx.

(It's the next bit that gets me annoyed...)

Presenter: Thank you. Slarti Bartflast there. In  other news...

WE KNOW WHO IT WAS. THE CAPTION SAID SO. THE PRESENTER NAMECHECKED SLARTI 5 SECONDS PREVIOUSLY.

• Haha 2