IGNORED

Any MLB fans?

Port Said Red

Yes, I'm a Sox fan, which recently hasn't been much fun at all. 

Went to watch the two games versus the Yankees in London a couple of years ago, which was amazing (though, obviously they lost both games). 

I was introduced to baseball by @The turtlewho is a Yankees fan (don't hold it against him). It annoys him greatly that before I started supporting the Sox, they hadn't won a World Series since 1918, but within a year of me starting to support them they'd won it (coming from three games behind in the Championship series to beat the Yankees 4-3 :laugh:). What's more, in that period they've won it a total of four times, and the Yankees have won it just once. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Yes, I'm a Sox fan, which recently hasn't been much fun at all. 

Went to watch the two games versus the Yankees in London a couple of years ago, which was amazing (though, obviously they lost both games). 

I was introduced to baseball by @The turtlewho is a Yankees fan (don't hold it against him). It annoys him greatly that before I started supporting the Sox, they hadn't won a World Series since 1918, but within a year of me starting to support them they'd won it (coming from three games behind in the Championship series to beat the Yankees 4-3 :laugh:). What's more, in that period they've won it a total of four times, and the Yankees have won it just once.

I can never erase the memory of that awful awful series. You being part of it just made it so so so much worse.

Ps and it hasn't been great since ?

Edited by The turtle

50 minutes ago, The turtle said:

I can never erase the memory of that awful awful series. You being part of it just made it so so so much worse.

Ps and it hasn't been great since ?

Bit happier today though presumably? :)

Just out of interest I don't have a team, I just developed an interest whilst holidaying in the US. I take a bit of interest in the Pittsburgh Pirates, because they had a winter training camp near where we had our timeshare in Florida, and I saw them training one day.

I also visited the Fenway when we toured New England, even in a traditional City like Boston it looked the oldest building in America. :)

I really enjoy the game though and the similarities and differences to cricket, I would love to go and see a live game, it's on my bucket list.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Just out of interest I don't have a team, I just developed an interest whilst holidaying in the US. I take a bit of interest in the Pittsburgh Pirates, because they had a winter training camp near where we had our timeshare in Florida, and I saw them training one day.

I also visited the Fenway when we toured New England, even in a traditional City like Boston it looked the oldest building in America. :)

I really enjoy the game though and the similarities and differences to cricket, I would love to go and see a live game, it's on my bucket list.

Saw LA Angel's play Oakland (from memory) in Anaheim and the best thing was the catering available. Great day out with tickets under $10.

• Like 1

I've never seen a game live, but growing up watching films like Brewster's Millions, always wanted to catch a game. Going to Seattle next week and have a ticket to see the Mariners, looking forward to it (but not the $17 a beer prices, especially with this appalling exchange rate!!!)

Edited by DolmanGaz

10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

We all start for whatever random reason.

I started in 1996, Channel 5 world series . Yankees v padres, i picked the Yankees , and basically started from there.

Fenway is one seriously old place, essentially you are taking 33% of united States history in one building.

Wrigley field also had the same essence.

I didn't see a game in either  but did go round the outside, grabbing the parts of history i could.

3 hours ago, DolmanGaz said:

I've never seen a game live, but growing up watching films like Brewster's Millions, always wanted to catch a game. Going to Seattle next week and have a ticket to see the Mariners, looking forward to it (but not the $17 a beer prices, especially with this appalling exchange rate!!!)

If you go as a two and eat , 1 meal is enough.

We had chicken and fries for 1 between two at Yankee stadium, didn't get close to finishing.

Cardinals fan here. I had a tear in my eye when the big fella hit 700 the other night. When the next one above you in the home run list is some bloke called Babe Ruth - you know this is a big deal.

He came home to St Louis for a last year. Everyone thought it was just for vibes and to coach the young kids. No-one really thought he'd be this good.

He's 43 ffs.

On 26/09/2022 at 07:32, sirscrumpton said:

I’ve been very lucky and have been to a number of games in the US at:

Old Yankee Stadium.

Shea Stadium.  
Camden Yards.

The Trop.

The Rodgers Centre.

Nats Park.

I also went on a tour of Dodgers Stadium in December. 

Dodgers Stadium is now the 3rd oldest park in the league!