IGNORED

Odd decisions again…

Harry

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Rubbish.

Still the first half, if we pull a goal back it is a different game.

Despite us creating little after Wells scored they were panicking & time wasting like there was no tomorrow.

If we’d scored before the break we could have picked up an undeserved point.

I just got the impression that they were expecting a bit more from us after we pulled a goal back, and so (unnecessarily) played some 'hang on' tactics. But we never really laid much of a finger on them, and I thought they were pretty comfortable.

Great post, @Harry.

The subs killed the momentum that had built up and - let's be honest - a period of play when it was no surprise we scored.

Martin gave us no additional goal threat, but just pushed other strikers into less-favoured wide positions; the subsequent triple sub, diluted a MF which had finally started firing and placed us very much on the back foot. 

Pearson is getting a fair bit more right than wrong but the four striker thing really bugs me. Even in the last ten minutes when you are desperately chasing a goal, it rarely succeeds, and certainly not when you do it as early as we do. I honestly think that, at any point of the game, a clear organised structure where you have players in positions to move the ball forward is a much better tactic than piling on every available centre forward. 

Just playing Devil’s advocate, just watched the extended highlights…what were the positives from yesterday?

Not downplaying we were below par, which seems general consensus, but was it all bad?

Just some snippets:

- good save from Bentley onto the post, ball bounces back off his head to fall for SJ, that’s pretty bad luck

- their second their overlapping WB is offside

(they obviously had chances after that as goals change momentum).

QPR are a good side though, and will expose weaknesses and mistakes.

For me it looked like the reverse of Blackburn, and shows we shouldn’t dispair overall so far this season.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just playing Devil’s advocate, just watched the extended highlights…what were the positives from yesterday?

Not downplaying we were below par, which seems general consensus, but was it all bad?

Just some snippets:

- good save from Bentley onto the post, ball bounces back off his head to fall for SJ, that’s pretty bad luck

For me it looked like the reverse of Blackburn, and shows we shouldn’t dispair overall so far this season.

Agreed - Vyner probably should have scored form that header too and Conway has to learn when he needs to pass for the greater good of the team, Chuck in an offside goal and a red card for their keeper and it’s suddenly a completely different game. However for me there we’re still some odd decisions by Nige 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just some snippets:

Agreed. It's unfortunate that this loss came on the back of two rather less surprising losses on the road, and that - unlike in those - we didn't play our best yesterday.

I think the fall down the table after the heady heights earlier has unduly depressed some people.

Nonetheless, I think the OP has a point, and the subs made - bar Semenyo - lost us all sorts of attacking momentum. 

• Like 3