IGNORED

James Linington

5 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

That was Andy Davies I think. The one that didn`t give the blatant foul on Alex Scott?

Plus, iirc there was a problem in the build up to QPR's winner too albeit that was not called.

Linesman or ref at fault too?

No complaint with the King 2nd yellow red or the QPR penalty but unsure we got much all night tbh.

• Admin
4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

From Newport on the Isle of Wight?

He was certainly born there. 

Well known for being unpopular at Leeds. He's refereed them 4 times and sent a Leeds player off in every game 

For those who like a bet, bookings look like a good idea this afternoon 

Screenshot_20221008-101714_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kit said:

He was the ref for the Rotherham game a few years ago I think. Was truly awful and has been poor whenever else I've seen him, he really should not be reffing at anywhere near this standard.

Yes, he was dire in that game, but something tells me he reffed us again at AG and was pretty decent.

But Davies, this bloke is dire ALL the time.

And as for the yellow cards, isn't 4 per game around average.? 2 per side.

He'll be ok   :laugh:

famous last words?

Edited by AppyDAZE

I remember the first time I recall this Linnington. Was the cup game v Boro about 10 years ago. 
I’m sure we had a blatant penalty denied and then their goal came from a hotly debated late free kick. 
I remembered thinking at the time what a crap ref he was and hoped he’d never make it. Sadly he’s still knocking around. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him have a good game 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

I remember the first time I recall this Linnington. Was the cup game v Boro about 10 years ago. 
I’m sure we had a blatant penalty denied and then their goal came from a hotly debated late free kick. 
I remembered thinking at the time what a crap ref he was and hoped he’d never make it. Sadly he’s still knocking around. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him have a good game 

That's the game I remember him from, never forgot his name since. Had an absolute mare that day

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, 2015 said:

That's the game I remember him from, never forgot his name since. Had an absolute mare that day

Yep. Just one of those I’ll always remember. 
Lots of refs I haven’t got a clue with, but this guy stood out (in a bad way). 

The other reason I have a dislike of him is that he has a very similar face to Mark Ashton! Uugghhh!! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Harry said:

TBF if it`s the game I`m thinking of where we should have had a pen for handball in front of the Atyeo (cross from the Dolman side) my mate was running the line that day and freely admits he missed it. He got demoted quite a few leagues for it too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Tbf dont think he was bad today. Certainly couldnt blame him for our inept and embarrassing performance anyway!! 

Well I thought he was dreadful. 
No obvious clangers obviously, but he had zero control of the game and whistled for everything but gave no yellows or even lectures for the 1,000 fouls on Scott. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Harry said:

No obvious clangers obviously, but he had zero control of the game and whistled for everything but gave no yellows or even lectures for the 1,000 fouls on Scott. 

As I said on the other thread there were no cards for their simulated injuries in the first half and nothing given for pushes in the back when a city player was about to head the ball. He seemed to find it easier to give Birmingham a free kick outside our area then to City outside their's. 

57 minutes ago, Harry said:

Should have booked them for time wasting early too. There was not a free kick or throw in they did not interfere with getting it into play quickly. Of course our lot are a bunch of nice lads and did not mind any of it. He was ok today though but that might be with his poor performances in mind

1 hour ago, Harry said:

He got conned all afternoon didn’t he?  I find those refs so frustrating, they spoil football matches.

16 hours ago, Harry said:

It's par for the course, I checked our foul to card ratio. This season, 7th for yellow cards against us, which sounds a bit aggressive and feisty..

...17th for actual fouls awarded against us, which is not too bad.

Think we average a booking every 4.9 fouls, though not gone through it in depth.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He got conned all afternoon didn’t he?  I find those refs so frustrating, they spoil football matches.

Yep, one of those ‘everything is a foul’ refs. Utterly tedious. Means players just go down the whole time. Constantly breaks up the game. 

The other thing that spoiled the match - apart from the obvious from our perspective  - was the lack of a crowd in the lower tiers. Took ages to get the ball back when it went out, also slowed the game down. 

Added to the frustration on a truly dire afternoon. 

• Like 1