IGNORED

Chris Wilder…..

BCFC1512

Just now, AshtonRobin21 said:

Weren't there rumours that he fell out with the Middlesbrough owner as Wilder was demanding more money be spent on strikers? He wanted the likes of Gyokeres and Riis. 

I doubt he will be eager to to join us, when our transfer budget contains less money than the 2p slot machine down Weston Pier. 

Yes, beat me to it.

Some of our fans still don't grasp how dire our financial position is. Perhaps they'll get it when the next accounts come out. Probably not though.

• Like 16

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Yes, beat me to it.

Some of our fans still don't grasp how dire our financial position is. Perhaps they'll get it when the next accounts come out. Probably not though.

If they didn’t get it after the last accounts they never will. You can’t explain FFP to people who won’t listen.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Simon bristol said:

Please provide us with a better alternative. He’s clearly a better option than what weve got

Is that Wilder who was sacked with Boro in relegation places ?

(Not saying who is better manager but every fan who can’t show any patience thinks the ‘latest name’ is the golden ticket - it’s ridiculous)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Still , must catch up with Ian Gay Live

He will identify the problems and the remedies 

Then we will all feel better 

Absolutely. We`ll all sleep soundly in our beds tonight after hearing him tell us the solution secure in the knowledge that it will be implemented immediately and all our problems will be over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Please provide us with a better alternative. He’s clearly a better option than what weve got

We are pretty much “just” the right side of FFP as I understand it so sacking Nige and paying him up plus his staff then bringing in Wilder on a nice contract and his staff……..you do the maths.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Go get him SL

I dont know if your a Multi Millionaire Taunton and going to pay for this to happen.. NP would have to be paid off and Wilder would want a transfer kitty to bring in new players the reason he left Boro So its a ridiculous post isnt it

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Absolutely. We`ll all sleep soundly in our beds tonight after hearing him tell us the solution secure in the knowledge that it will be implemented immediately and all our problems will be over.

Plus he would be a lot cheaper than Chris Wilder.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, westonred said:

I dont know if your a Multi Millionaire Taunton and going to pay for this to happen.. NP would have to be paid off and Wilder would want a transfer kitty to bring in new players the reason he left Boro So its a ridiculous post isnt it

It's not even a question of SL being able to afford it, because obviously he personally can.

The club can't though.

• Like 3

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Is that Wilder who was sacked with Boro in relegation places ?

(Not saying who is better manager but every fan who can’t show any patience thinks the ‘latest name’ is the golden ticket - it’s ridiculous)

Yes thats him!

i was just discussing it with my other half, weve basically been shite for the 40 years ive been going to games. I dont think it really matters who we bring in. If theres a book written of how to be shite, it would be based on us. At least with clubs like that lot up the road, theres no pretending they want to be successful, no multi million transfers, no huge stadium builds or training facility builds. We do that but are still piss poor, its like a running joke now

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Pearson got it wrong today, picking King instead of Klose (although we don't know if Klose was really fit enough anyway).

With a goalkeeper in Bents who hardly ever comes off his line to claim balls swung in from corners or wide free kicks, we need a ball winning centre back, an Aden Flint type (no I'm not suggesting we resign him). Kalas will not give us that, Naismith is not really it either, Klose is the best we have. NP gave Bamba a chance but seems that did not work out, so guess he knows it too.

Changing the manager is not going to solve the above. We have to stick with NP.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

Yes thats him!

i was just discussing it with my other half, weve basically been shite for the 40 years ive been going to games. I dont think it really matters who we bring in. If theres a book written of how to be shite, it would be based on us. At least with clubs like that lot up the road, theres no pretending they want to be successful, no multi million transfers, no huge stadium builds or training facility builds. We do that but are still piss poor, its like a running joke now

I started going donw the gate in 82-83. And this post made me laugh out loud. Funniest and trueist post I've read for years.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Pearson got it wrong today, picking King instead of Klose (although we don't know if Klose was really fit enough anyway).

With a goalkeeper in Bents who hardly ever comes off his line to claim balls swung in from corners or wide free kicks, we need a ball winning centre back, an Aden Flint type (no I'm not suggesting we resign him). Kalas will not give us that, Naismith is not really it either, Klose is the best we have. NP gave Bamba a chance but seems that did not work out, so guess he knows it too.

We could just revert to a back 4 if we don't have 3 CBs. That's the sensible option that NP turned down. 

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Couldn’t agree more. Despite a poor run and a dreadful display today we do have goals in us and will get enough results imo to steer clear of the bottom places. We can’t afford to replace managers and staff, Steve can but the FFP position of the club can’t, simple as that. We need Nige to steer us through the absolute shambles created by the transfer and spend policy of others and when the finances are better if Nige can’t move us forward from there you start looking at alternatives when you can afford them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We are pretty much “just” the right side of FFP as I understand it so sacking Nige and paying him up plus his staff then bringing in Wilder on a nice contract and his staff……..you do the maths.

If we are that's better than I feared, I suspected.we're £2-3m over or set to be but my figures often a bit outdated and often emphasise downside risk.

Plus we may for example be arguing £x in extra losses and costs etc over and above the permitted Covid losses and the EFL may not be having any of it so it's really fluid I'd suggest.

Agree with your post though.

@Taunton_BCFC

I won't echo what others said too much but we just can't. End of as it stands.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Yes, beat me to it.

They won't understand until Weasel's rip their flesh...

• Haha 1