IGNORED

Spadework

Oh Louie louie

All of this is before my time as a City fan, although having said that I can't remember what I did this morning, so I wouldn't be making any meaningful contribution even if it weren't.

However, I've rather enjoyed this thread so far, and that's all I came here to say.

I'll get me coat

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

That i dont no sorry phil. The tc loanee who went to anfield was mark prudhoe

I didn't want to spoil it for others, but I have now checked it out on WIKI.

Spiring started his career at Bristol City before being sold to Liverpool for £60,000 in March 1973. He did not play a first team match at Anfield, only featuring on the bench twice.

4 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

If Shelts wording of the question is correct then Danny Simpson and Andy King aren't them.  The question was which players have gone on to win the Premier league, suggesting that they did it after leaving us.... And actually if it's worded incorrectly then and you're right, then it's 4, with Matty James added to the list.

Matty James was injured for the entire 2015/16:season, so missed out at Leicester.

8 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Kenny Stroud!

Not Max (O'Leary) Bygraves?

I remember a great home game v Swindon where I think he scored a volley. It was one of those on "The West Country Match", or whatever HTV called it when they decided to put a local game on instead of The Big Match. Our Rog was commentating (obvs).

11 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I remember a great home game v Swindon where I think he scored a volley. It was one of those on "The West Country Match", or whatever HTV called it when they decided to put a local game on instead of The Big Match. Our Rog was commentating (obvs).

was against rovers oct84 i was there.....

Just now, archie andrews said:

an ray cashley was in goal for the gas....

20 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

9 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

And it was Martin Tyler. Skip to about 3 minutes in.

As I said ‘He runs a guest house in Swindon’

gg

• Robin 1

25 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

Thanks archie. I was there as well. I think I got confused that he came from Swindon/used to play for them. And I refused to resort to the internet for fact checking (obviously :) ).

18 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

And it was Martin Tyler. Skip to about 3 minutes in.

As I said ‘He runs a guest house in Swindon’

gg

So, what I think you're saying is: apart from the three things I got wrong, I got everything right. I hope nobody asks me what day it is, I really don't do too well on Sunday's.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Out of interest, can you or anybody else, remember whether Peter Spiring ever played a league game for Liverpool?

I don't think he ever played a first team game, let alone a league game, for Liverpool.

He played a lot for Hereford though!!!