IGNORED

City U21 today

Silvio Dante

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Once more, looking at the side to see if any clues for tomorrow. Bell and Kadji are left out again, but most intriguingly Stefan Bajic also misses out…

Bajic and Kadji to make squad tomorrow maybe. 

Oh...and they didn't recall Prince Henry. He's still at Yate, played on Saturday. ?

31 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Once more, looking at the side to see if any clues for tomorrow. Bell and Kadji are left out again, but most intriguingly Stefan Bajic also misses out…

19 minutes ago, spudski said:

Bajic and Kadji to make squad tomorrow maybe. 

Oh...and they didn't recall Prince Henry. He's still at Yate, played on Saturday. ?

How did Bentley play on the weekend? Was out so didn't follow any threads, and was too annoyed to watch the highlights.

Maybe Bajic to start?

5 minutes ago, Taz said:

How did Bentley play on the weekend? Was out so didn't follow any threads, and was too annoyed to watch the highlights.

Maybe Bajic to start?

He was in the culpable group for goals one and three, some fans might even blame him for the second too.  Made one good save from Jutkiewicz header and snuffled out one 1-on-1 and Hogan fell over on another.  That was about it as a summary, so no he wasn’t great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He was in the culpable group for goals one and three, some fans might even blame him for the second too.  Made one good save from Jutkiewicz header and snuffled out one 1-on-1 and Hogan fell over on another.  That was about it as a summary, so no he wasn’t great.

Could Bentley be keen to leave when his contract expires or he may be too expensive to renew? Pretty sure Bajic was brought in to challenge for number one, he has a big reputation. 

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thanks Dave, so maybe Pearson is putting the pressure on, either by moving Bajic up to the squad (he was injured initially to be fair anyway), or by giving him a chance on the back of a bad game. It wouldn't be the first time he's dropped Bentley for a bad performance(s).

12 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Could Bentley be keen to leave when his contract expires or he may be too expensive to renew? Pretty sure Bajic was brought in to challenge for number one, he has a big reputation. 

Think the club has played this well. Extremely possible that Bentley could move on, and Bajic has clearly stated that he has come here to play when he signed. 

Once he gets his chance, whenever that may be, he needs to take it. We also need to be aware that he may take a few games to get adjusted to the squad and championship football, so a few mistakes could happen. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Taz said:

Thanks Dave, so maybe Pearson is putting the pressure on, either by moving Bajic up to the squad (he was injured initially to be fair anyway), or by giving him a chance on the back of a bad game. It wouldn't be the first time he's dropped Bentley for a bad performance(s).

Think the club has played this well. Extremely possible that Bentley could move on, and Bajic has clearly stated that he has come here to play when he signed. 

Once he gets his chance, whenever that may be, he needs to take it. We also need to be aware that he may take a few games to get adjusted to the squad and championship football, so a few mistakes could happen. 

It’s probably a case of being our 3rd choice keeper and a game today was too risky so close to PNE.  I think Bajic looked excellent when I’ve seen him and does come and punch rather than catch but to me Bentley was culpable for all 3 goals as just stays planted to goal line.  That said, I wouldn’t leave Bentley out just yet.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

51 minutes ago, Taz said:

As if! If he slightly miss-kicks a clearance you can imagine the uproar!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DaveF said:

We need a better all round keeper than Dan Bentley, especially at times when his fundimental weakness is being exposed so easily. If Bajic is good enough I'd say put him in.

44 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

We need a better all round keeper than Dan Bentley, especially at times when his fundimental weakness is being exposed so easily. If Bajic is good enough I'd say put him in.

Nige talks about Bajic in today’s pre-match media interview…in positive tones too.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nige talks about Bajic in today’s pre-match media interview…in positive tones too.

Good news. I hope that when he come in we have a senior defender available to help him settle in.  If him, Klosse and Pring start tomorrow then I think I might be able to forgive the result a bit - well, as long as we show some fighting spirit.

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I shall try and listen to his interview later.

I am usually quite lackadaisical about ensuring I find out the team selection at 14H00/18H45, but I am now intrigued and shall try and check on the OS at 18H45 - failing that, I shall send a PM to @Robbored ?.

5 hours ago, Shuffle said:

It’s probably a case of being our 3rd choice keeper and a game today was too risky so close to PNE.  I think Bajic looked excellent when I’ve seen him and does come and punch rather than catch but to me Bentley was culpable for all 3 goals as just stays planted to goal line.  That said, I wouldn’t leave Bentley out just yet.

I think he’ll replace Max in the match day squad, if not tomorrow then very soon.

That might appear harsh seeing as Max hasn’t played this season but I think he’s been signed to replace him.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I think he has been signed to replace Bentley . 

That was certainly the suggestion at the time, although I formed the impression this was more of a long term thing, i. e. a few first team games in the League Cup, perhaps, before being introduced again at the end of the season, provided we were safe - and not challenging for a promotion/play off place ?.

Unfortunately, he took longer than was perhaps expected to recover from his wrist injury, but recent developments suggest, or perhaps hint, that he may well be in contention for at least a place on the bench tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t just not wanting to send him all the way to Colchester, probably an overnighter for them so perhaps misses another days practice as a result