IGNORED

After the Liz call off, up steps Charles…

Silvio Dante

The coronation of Charles 3rd will be on Saturday 6th May at Westminster Abbey. 

City away at QPR that day.

There is likely to be huge police need for the coronation. As it’s last day, and all games need to kick off at the same time,  our game can’t be moved in isolation but there has to be a question over whether it can be policed.

Any bets as to what’s going to happen? More to the point, what’s the odds of the FA cocking it all up again?

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

The coronation of Charles 3rd will be on Saturday 6th May at Westminster Abbey. 

City away at QPR that day.

There is likely to be huge police need for the coronation. As it’s last day, and all games need to kick off at the same time,  our game can’t be moved in isolation but there has to be a question over whether it can be policed.

Any bets as to what’s going to happen? More to the point, what’s the odds of the FA cocking it all up again?

Games will be on Friday / Sunday

Zero chance on that day

Edited by The Bard

Thought I heard earlier that King Charles has requested a low key Coronation. I can't therefore see that a HUGE Police presence being required. As others have said games can be moved to Sunday or Monday.

No doubt Mick Lynch and his boys / girls will be on strike just to pee every one off (if the train companies haven't gone bust by then).

• Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Thought I heard earlier that King Charles has requested a low key Coronation. I can't therefore see that a HUGE Police presence being required. As others have said games can be moved to Sunday or Monday.

No doubt Mick Lynch and his boys / girls will be on strike just to pee every one off (if the train companies haven't gone bust by then).

It won`t stop hundreds of thousands still going to London just to be part of it no matter what he says.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I suppose that depends on whether the DfT have allowed the Train Operating Companies to negotiate a reasonable pay rise during this cost of living crisis.

I wouldn’t worry about the TOCs going bankrupt, they’ve been propped up by your taxes, part of the reason they’ve made huge profits. That’s where your money is going….overseas.

iTz all dA uNIoNs fALt

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 6
  • Flames 4

Daughter has her wedding booked for May 6th. She even moved the timings a bit so we could watch the match. If it’s moved to Friday/Sunday/Monday we can make it! Bonus.

In fact if the bank holiday is moved as @Clevedon Redsuggested above and we play on the Monday, we can make the match and I can drop her at Heathrow for their honeymoon on my way home. 

4 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

They aren't on strike just to piss people off.

• Like 7
  • Robin 1

13 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Given the unions cancelled the strikes around the Queen’s funeral, this is just a really, really odd comment. And nothing at all to do with the thread.

Maybe take your political gripes to the politics forum?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Given they have months to plan the date, it does seem a little bit disappointing that they have chosen a key date in the calendar of one of the country’s most popular sport.

It doesn’t seem like the most obvious way to win over hearts and minds. 

I guess he's hoping Burnley are already promoted so he doesn't have to worry about missing the end of the season. ;) 

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Given they have months to plan the date, it does seem a little bit disappointing that they have chosen a key date in the calendar of one of the country’s most popular sport.

It doesn’t seem like the most obvious way to win over hearts and minds. 

No big deal just move to the sunday or Monday if its a BH.

5 hours ago, Super said:

Try telling that to those that went to birmingham.

I've had stuff disrupted too, but in the current climate especially supporting workers to fight for fair terms is vital and strike action is the last resort. It was a pointless dig at workers in a thread that is totally unrelated. 

• Like 3