IGNORED

Cam Pring

Super

Just now, Super said:

For me the only positive today. Surely deserves a run now or do we keep faith with JD?

JD is weak in the part of the game we need him to be good in namely the final 3rd, you never see him get to the byline and pull the ball back and lobbed floaty crosses don’t suit our forwards. Pring is at least more direct as shown by our goal, but I think not a strong as a defender. Not such a straight forward decision.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Super said:

For me the only positive today. Surely deserves a run now or do we keep faith with JD?

Definitely , from a outside perspective deserves his chance

I have tbh , DaSilva has never Really impressed me , inconsistent , neat enough on the ball , but at best , not great defensively or offensively and miles away from a £2 million full back

Quite happy to see him move on

Whether Pring is a long term answer moving forward is another question , but certainly deserves his chance

• Like 7

I like Pring but you have to take the good with the bad with him. He is going to give the ball away with a poor touch or bad pass. He did this late today when he was supposed to throw it into the box. He instead threw it short got it back with a poor touch and lost it. 

On the other hand, he gets his head down and says I think I am stronger and faster than you so lets find out. He makes darting runs into the box and because of his pace can get to the touchline and hit it hard across the box like he did today. 

Dasilva a safer option but maybe too safe? Idk but Dasilva imo not been good enough for Pring to not really have featured this season. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

I don’t necessarily think Pring is anything special, but he absolutely has to be given a run in the team.

Both wingbacks have been absolutely horrendous recently. Pretty much useless both defensively and offensively.

I think we should keep playing three at back as I don’t know how we line up in attacking areas if we were to play four, but the genuinely pathetic performances from the two wingbacks are almost enough of a reason to move to four at back.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, Super said:

I would not offer JD 'S  another contract....and would let him drift off to DIV 1 where he belongs............I believe Chelsea are still chuckling as to how they got so much money for such a waste of space?

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 2

Seems to me there are a lot more than JD who should be given a rest, maybe the Tombola should be got back out because we seem to be miles off since the break; as said elsewhere its not just down to one player imo.

1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

I don’t necessarily think Pring is anything special, but he absolutely has to be given a run in the team.

Both wingbacks have been absolutely horrendous recently. Pretty much useless both defensively and offensively.

I think we should keep playing three at back as I don’t know how we line up in attacking areas if we were to play four, but the genuinely pathetic performances from the two wingbacks are almost enough of a reason to move to four at back.

If you are being ruthless

IMHO The whole back four / five need a rebuild, (If you are looking to progress)

I don’t see enough in JD or Sykes

Klose probably our best defender but probably his last year

Kalas not likely to be here and probably overrated by many

Naismith ? Will NP or a successor persist ? Possible survivor

Zak has been ok recently but part of a first choice side looking to progress ? Survivor as option / squad player ?

Good job we are financially able to !

• Robin 1

20 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

JD is weak in the part of the game we need him to be good in namely the final 3rd, you never see him get to the byline and pull the ball back and lobbed floaty crosses don’t suit our forwards. Pring is at least more direct as shown by our goal, but I think not a strong as a defender. Not such a straight forward decision.

If he's week in the final third i can't see how he's a starter, as he sure is week in the defensive third.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Jd has a song about him, apart from that I am struggling for a positive or what he offers. Must start Pring and give a run in the team to try and prove himself 

Normally his possession is excellent - he is one of the few players I would trust to retain possession - he just had a nightmare today. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dullmoan Tone said:

Does Pring share any blame in how we turned an attacking through in additional time into a penalty for Milwall?

Well Pearson without naming him just said it was bizarre choice of throw.  After PNE away last year,  I don’t think Pearson is having him.  

• Like 1

Bar the cross for the OG I don’t think Pring offered anything JD didn’t. Managed to turn a late throw in for us into a penalty for them. Given we’ve barely seen him since Swansea last season, after he got blamed for costing us points against Preston, I’d be surprised if he made his way into the 11

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Bar the cross for the OG I don’t think Pring offered anything JD didn’t. Managed to turn a late throw in for us into a penalty for them. Given we’ve barely seen him since Swansea last season, after he got blamed for costing us points against Preston, I’d be surprised if he made his way into the 11

Just the cross for the OG is enough. The amount of wasted chances JD has had in the final third in the last few months has been killing us

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Does Pring share any blame in how we turned an attacking through in additional time into a penalty for Milwall?

He certainly should, it was awful play.

There was about 90 seconds left & we are ******* about playing it square in our own half & failing. Get it forward that late on.

Good cross for the assist, to give balance.

• Like 2

When we are 1-2 down with 3 mins left on the clock, I don't think it is time to judge Pring's defensive qualities. Irrelevant.

Bottom line is our wing backs get a free pass for space and should be causing mayhem... The starting two's delivery in the last 5 or so games has been about as threatening as a 12 year old in Stone Island.

• Like 2

Pring managed to do what none of our players have managed this season. A first time cross. 
When he came on, his first 2 involvements showed real good intent, firstly cutting inside and beating a couple of men to lay it off and then secondly driving down the wing to beat a man and win a free kick. 
Just those 2 pieces of real intent in his first 5 minutes in the pitch was more intent that Dasilva has shown in 5 games. 
His third involvement was the first time cross that led to the own goal. 

Yes, it did get a bit worse after that and he made a couple of poor errors, including the bizarre action on the late throw in, but overall I think the intent he showed was better than anything Dasilva has done in weeks. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 3