IGNORED

Consistently Inconsistent

maxjak

On Wednesday we gave Preston their First away defeat of the season............Today we allowed Millwall their First away win of the season.  We are a poorly managed under funded (Yes i am well aware of why) very ordinary Championship football team.  We will  probably continue to win a few, and lose  a few throughout the season.  We are such a frustrating team to watch, but we will hopefully  finish around 12th to 15th in the league?    We have a fantastic loyal support, which deserves so much better  than what is served up to us.  I can definitely see Semenyo and Scott leaving as soon as they are able, and who can blame them, when they are surrounded by inferior players, and are able to fulfill their ambitions, and earn big bucks?

That i believe is our only hope in the future,   that is to generate enough funds to avoid FFP, and invest in new players who are consistently talented enough and hard working enough to turn us into a team that we can be proud of ?   My major worry is................I really do wonder if Pearson is the man to achieve this?    Personally i do not think he is, but i guess at the moment we just have to grin and bear it?    A billiomaire owner, a fantastic infastructure, a wonderful stadium, tremendously loyal supporters....................and currently 15th in the League?  Makes yer sick dunnet?

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 1

A very average performance today maxjak and totally agree with your sentiments.

It really is up to Nige/ coaching staff and players to basically make our Saturday evenings more enjoyable than coming on here moaning and groaning.

Im even watching Strictly ffs!!! (While moaning on here)

Im with Nige and off to Reading but soon if performances and percentile box entries don’t improve then I got a feeling the peasants will start revolting.

Tony Adams on soon hopefully his performance will cheer me up.

Anyhow boys girls enjoy your evening .

coyr

8 minutes ago, Victory Park Reds said:

A very average performance today maxjak and totally agree with your sentiments.

It really is up to Nige/ coaching staff and players to basically make our Saturday evenings more enjoyable than coming on here moaning and groaning.

Im even watching Strictly ffs!!! (While moaning on here)

Im with Nige and off to Reading but soon if performances and percentile box entries don’t improve then I got a feeling the peasants will start revolting.

Tony Adams on soon hopefully his performance will cheer me up.

Anyhow boys girls enjoy your evening .

coyr

My God!............ it must be bad if you are watching Strictly? ?

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, maxjak said:

We are a poorly managed under funded (Yes i am well aware of why) very ordinary Championship football team. 

Yes. For good reason that is what we are, so why worry that this is what we are.

57 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Makes yer sick dunnet?

No. Because right now, that is what we are.

48 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yes. For good reason that is what we are, so why worry that this is what we are.

No. Because right now, that is what we are.

OK........that's perfectly fine.  If you are happy to accept a substandard distraction, then bully for you......?

4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

OK........that's perfectly fine.  If you are happy to accept a substandard distraction, then bully for you......?

It's not substandard. It's standard.

Given the finances we have, the gates we have, the fans we have, the city we have, the players that we have, the manager we have, the CEO we have, the owner we have, we're pretty much exactly where you'd guess we would be. It's standard.

Some of those things can be changed easily, but many cannot. 

Those that can be changed, will not be changed quickly. So it's best to accept that we're a mid table side this season and roll with that. Better that than living off of the most recent result and defining the mood by 3, 1 or 0 points.

It's all fine. Nothing more, nothing less. Enjoy the ride to mid table and 55-60 points.

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

45 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Think when Naismith and James return some cohesion may return.

Kalas and Klose can add options...otoh is it a back 4 we need?

A couple of months ago, we had some great excitement about the prospect of Conway, Sememyo, Weimann as a front 3. On paper can be excellent.

Tanner at RB, Sykes between Scott and James maybe?

We are still in rebuilding mode though without doubt.

I don't think things are quite as bad as you say.

We can still have a Cup run too of course.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I am not sure anybody is ‘happy’ about the current situation.

Perhaps, like me, they understand and accept that our finances are dire and, again like me, are simply resigned to the current circumstances and are just hoping that, with NP’s knowledge and experience, we shall be able to extricate ourselves from our perilous position in order to avoid relegation this season and enjoy the next - hopefully enjoying a few good performances, even a nice cup run along the way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's not substandard. It's standard.

Given the finances we have, the gates we have, the fans we have, the city we have, the players that we have, the manager we have, the CEO we have, the owner we have, we're pretty much exactly where you'd guess we would be. It's standard.

Some of those things can be changed easily, but many cannot. 

Those that can be changed, will not be changed quickly. So it's best to accept that we're a mid table side this season and roll with that. Better that than living off of the most recent result and defining the mood by 3, 1 or 0 points.

It's all fine. Nothing more, nothing less. Enjoy the ride to mid table and 55-60 points.

OK ..........I am prepared to agree to disagree .  But any manager who is incapable of setting up and organising a solid defensive unit after 20 months in the job, even taking into account the apparent restrictions...........not only has questionable ability, but is lucky to be in employment IMHO.

19 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am not sure anybody is ‘happy’ about the current situation.

Perhaps, like me, they understand and accept that our finances are dire and, again like me, are simply resigned to the current circumstances and are just hoping that, with NP’s knowledge and experience, we shall be able to extricate ourselves from our perilous position in order to avoid relegation this season and enjoy the next - hopefully enjoying a few good performances, even a nice cup run along the way.

My reactions, like many on here are borne out of frustration that NP seems incapable of organising a solid defensive unit.....it seems to be a constant case of one step forward and two backwards?   I like NP, but i am beginning to feel that he has taken us   about far as he is capable of?

Edited by maxjak

16 minutes ago, maxjak said:

OK ..........I am prepared to agree to disagree .  But any manager who is incapable of setting up and organising a solid defensive unit after 20 months in the job, even taking into account the apparent restrictions...........not only has questionable ability, but is lucky to be in employment IMHO.

You're acting a bit like we're getting smashed 3 - 0 every week though. We're definitely conceding too many, but you have to remember we've been scoring a lot as well - our goal difference is only -1 after today, pretty much the same as all the teams around us. We've just scored and conceded about 10 more than them all!

My thought is that probably in our team currently our main strength is going forward, so that's what we're trying to make the most of. That'll mean letting in more goals, and I'm absolutely not trying to say it's OK to concede as we do, but you also have to play to your strengths.

Outside the last few games, I'd rather see what we have this year which I think has been pretty entertaining on the whole, than our 1 shot on target, 1 - 0 loss stuff we had for a few years before.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, maxjak said:

When Pearson was appointed I was cold. I recognised his pedigree but didn't (and still don't) think he will ever get us promoted. If promotion is the aim then yes we need a change at some point.

However when he was appointed promotion was a pipe dream. Stability was the quest, and broad stability - ie mid table mediocrity - has been delivered. For me that's ok.

20 months to that is fine. 

If you think we're now ready to go to the next level then ok. I think we need another 6 month of boredom. Wait and see what the accounts say (clue, it's going to be awful), then go from there. 

IMO we are not ready for the next step (ie top 6, promotion etc), so for now it's ok to stick with someone who's very good for our current level. Not exciting, not sexy, but solid and sound.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

When Pearson was appointed I was cold. I recognised his pedigree but didn't (and still don't) think he will ever get us promoted. If promotion is the aim then yes we need a change at some point.

However when he was appointed promotion was a pipe dream. Stability was the quest, and broad stability - ie mid table mediocrity - has been delivered. For me that's ok.

20 months to that is fine. 

If you think we're now ready to go to the next level then ok. I think we need another 6 month of boredom. Wait and see what the accounts say (clue, it's going to be awful), then go from there. 

IMO we are not ready for the next step (ie top 6, promotion etc), so for now it's ok to stick with someone who's very good for our current level. Not exciting, not sexy, but solid and sound.

Been my view, Nige stabilises us, gets the culture right, etc. RG steadies the finances.  Then someone reaps the benefit of their hard work.  But we are still rebuilding.

• Like 1