IGNORED

Liverpool v Man City

Robbored

Wonderful game of football - the best I’ve seen in ages. Two heavyweight teams knocking the shit out of each other all game and the referee Anthony Taylor was excellent, allowing the game to flow. He’s a top referee who red carded Klopp for berating the linesman for not flagging for a foul

It was a tremendous advertisement for the PL. A real thriller

Haaling hardly got a kick and it was Salah that scored a fantastic goal to win the game 1-0.

The gulf in class between the Championship and the PL really is vast.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Super said:

I don't get the moaning about the disallowed goal. It's a clear shirt pull. 

You could argue that Thiago fouled Haaland first

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Wonderful game of football - the best I’ve seen in ages. Two heavyweight teams knocking the shit out of each other all game and the referee Anthony Taylor was excellent, allowing the game to flow. He’s a top referee who red carded Klopp for berating the linesman for not flagging for a foul

It was a tremendous advertisement for the PL. A real thriller

Haaling hardly got a kick and it was Salah that scored a fantastic goal to win the game 1-0.

The gulf in class between the Championship and the PL really is vast.

The gulf in class between the top two teams and the fifth place team in the Prem is pretty vast

10 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Wankfest in Somerset tonight from the hordes that have never stepped foot in Anfield

we don’t all see eye to eye on here but at least we bloody go and watch OUR team 

I know plenty on here that don't go to support their team. Super, Davefevs, Robbored....

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Wankfest in Somerset tonight from the hordes that have never stepped foot in Anfield

we don’t all see eye to eye on here but at least we bloody go and watch OUR team 

It is ok to appreciate another team. I love football, and to see it played at such a pace, with skill and commitment is a pleasure to watch

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

There's something about going to Anfield that gets to Man City every time. One win there since 2003 and that was when there was no crowd in because of Covid.

And their defence is a bit shit when they actually have to defend.

Anfield was rocking - you could sense the atmosphere thru the tv, the noise was tremendous. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

It is ok to appreciate another team. I love football, and to see it played at such a pace, with skill and commitment is a pleasure to watch

I’m exactly the same Tony. I really enjoy watching top clubs in the PL and Champions League. It’s the reason that I got Sky Sports in the first place all those years ago.

I wouldn’t be without these days.

2 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

It was a great game and great to see the ref allowing loads go. 

What pissed me off about the disallowed goal though was that those "fouls" were being let go all game but just because this one lead to a goal they call it back and give it. It is either a foul everytime or let it go everytime 

This was my gripe too. 

As a football fan, we just don't know what counts as a foul now and what doesn't. Neither do the players or the refs it seems. 

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I thought the ref lost control. 

Looked like Salah may have handled for the goal but thats never being given at Anfield. 

I thought he reffed it superbly . Always going to a high tempo game & he let it flow. That was a game that gets the blood pumping . Brilliant game of football 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Super said:

I don't get the moaning about the disallowed goal. It's a clear shirt pull. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, yeah, I like Liverpool, glad they won…but the ref was awful.

Shouldn’t need to go to var, he should’ve seen it at the time…

I think the argument is that the ref was letting things go all game, he even saw it and waved play on.

To go back and then give the foul (which was a clear foul) was perhaps inconsistent with the physicality of the game that he allowed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MarcusX said:

I think the argument is that the ref was letting things go all game, he even saw it and waved play on.

To go back and then give the foul (which was a clear foul) was perhaps inconsistent with the physicality of the game that he allowed

Thanks.  And that’s why I don’t think a bloke in a studio should get to influence a ref who has made a judgement throughout the game about what he lets go and what he doesn’t.  I know they check all goals.  Did Taylor get called over to the monitor…because it seems that everytime they do, they reverse their decision,  the process is wrong.  The tech ought to be aiding not confusing.

• Like 1

That league makes me want to puke. Dirty money welcome from anywhere. Fit and proper persons test ? ?

Sky tv… a tax on stupidity….. and still it rolls on and the sheep lap it up. 

God forbid an European super league though  as that would compromise the sporting integrity. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 2