IGNORED

Panorama Tonight

East Londoner

If anyone gets the chance watch tonight’s panorama on bbc iPlayer. It covers last seasons champions league final and some of the footage is shocking followed by the French trying to blame the Liverpool supporters 

Also there was the usual arrogance showed by uefa to cap it all off 

I know lots out there think Liverpool bring things on themselves but there’s no excuse for kids being tear-gassed and the authorities were very very lucky nobody was killed 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

If anyone gets the chance watch tonight’s panorama on bbc iPlayer. It covers last seasons champions league final and some of the footage is shocking followed by the French trying to blame the Liverpool supporters 

I know lots out there think Liverpool bring things on themselves but there’s no excuse for kids being tear-gassed and the authorities were very very lucky nobody was killed 

Agree , the French And Italians are clueless with regards to policing and overseeing large crowds , particularly football supporters

They consistently  panic and start lashing out 

Went to Roma v Inter in 2017, seemed okay policing and stewarding wise albeit being in home end probably helped.

Think 50k were there, it's a tiny sample size in fairness so it doesn't really prove anything more widely.

Definitely think there are issues there my decent experience notwithstanding, have read some poor stuff about Spanish stewarding and policing too!

Virtually any footy crowd can be controlled by half a dozen British policeman- 2 on horseback, 2 with dogs, 1 with a video and 1 to drive the van.

Then there’s France or Italy, where you have half a dozen different para military outfits and officers equipped with automatic weapons, handguns, tear gas, riot shields and mirrored sunglasses. 

29 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

Virtually any footy crowd can be controlled by half a dozen British policeman- 2 on horseback, 2 with dogs, 1 with a video and 1 to drive the van.

Then there’s France or Italy, where you have half a dozen different para military outfits and officers equipped with automatic weapons, handguns, tear gas, riot shields and mirrored sunglasses. 

Travelled all over Europe , and further afield following England 

The Italians , Spanish and French all fall into the incompetent , and then straight to Riot setting hit anyone and anything , in minutes

Outside of our own , The Germans are probably the best , in my experience 

They are pretty reasonable , fair , don’t over react but are ready to be firm , if and when they need to

• Like 2

16 hours ago, East Londoner said:

Unfortunately that’s all too true, stemming back to the Hillsborough and  Heysel tragedies which were disasters broadcast all over Europe. Liverpool were the common denominator in both and sadly, even decades later some foreign police still associate Liverpool with those events.

The French police mismanaged the final and messed up big time. They then looked to deflect the blame onto Liverpool fans in view of those historical events.

Edited by Robbored

I have rarely been so angry while watching TV............UEFA, The French Government and the French Police are not only a disgrace, but also liars.  I would never go to a French stadium to watch a football game, as I would not trust them to keep me safe.   I feel so sorry for the poor Liverpool fans who had to withstand the stupidity and prejudice of some of these French tossers, who then had the temerity to blame people who paid a fortune, only to be then treated appalling by the arrogant French authorities, who then tried to blame everyone else for their own disgraceful behaviour..........Liverpool fans should now get monetary compensation and an apology from the French Government and UEFA  for their dreadful treatment by the French police thugs., and UEFA's moronic idiots.

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 3

I saw an interview, not long after the final, by Paddy "the baddy" Pimblett, who explained how worried he became by what was happening. 

This is a guy who gets the the UFC cage and fights for a living, who also recently made 9 royal marines tap out.

He said what he experienced was crazy, and that even after the game, fans were having to group together to make it back safely to their hotels. 

1 hour ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I saw an interview, not long after the final, by Paddy "the baddy" Pimblett, who explained how worried he became by what was happening. 

This is a guy who gets the the UFC cage and fights for a living, who also recently made 9 royal marines tap out.

He said what he experienced was crazy, and that even after the game, fans were having to group together to make it back safely to their hotels. 

Your right.........having seen the footage, it must have been terrifying, literally afraid for their lives. I truly cannot believe the arrogance and appalling behavior of the French.