IGNORED

Beauty on saint and g 15th octorber 1988.

Oh Louie louie

45 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Dont like your tone port. Dont matter though.few days ago i was accused on the worried thread. For being a drinker for suggesting we are not a bottom 5 team.

Sorry mate, but your post seems somewhat rambling at best and without context, without knowing what you are referring too, it's difficult to decipher.

4 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Shows what he knows about football above.

I presume you're referring to me.

Ok so I went and had a think and after multiple Google searches it seems you're probably referring to an ITV TV show from the late 80's where Ian St John and Jimmy Greaves talked about football.

I well know who Greaves is, but have never heard him referred to as simply "g". I had no idea they were broadcasting, around the time I was born, a football chat show. 

I apologise for not having an encyclopaedic knowledge of 1980's terrestrial television shows and I apologise for not being able to interpret your posts.

I hope you enjoy your VHS box set.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Garland's Perm said:

Is there an English translation available?

Something to do With Ian and Jimmy a comedy act in the 70's one was ex Liverpool the other was ex spurs and England  Jimmy was unlucky as he missed out in 1966 but Geof was a winner

I was in the audience for Saint and Greavesy during Euro 1996. No idea how or why. Studio was near work.

After criticism of Gazza’s dentist chair -post Hong Kong trip - celebration, there was much chat about footballers as ambassadors for young players etc. I made a great gag about how Gazzas birthday wasn’t the kind of ambassadors’ reception where they brought out the ferreo Roche. 

meaning - give Gaza a break. Greavsy made some joke about dentists which didn’t work 

Anyway Louie Louie - I have to say I thought it was awful. Like a football little and large. St. John as the straight man do an unfunny Greaves

Great footballers both but awful stilted agonising tv

better off watching old bullseye  episodes on you tube!!

take care 

ctid 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Phils beem correcting my spelling for 3 years now, ty phil.god i respect you. As normal kothing vaugely intresting to say.

Hi Louie,

I am truly and sincerely sorry if you feel I have been 'correcting your spelling', for I really haven't; at least, not intentionally.

On more than occasion on this forum, I have been quite clear that, in my opinion, we all have and/or lack different skills, and that it would be inappropriate, crass even, to mock a fellow poster in respect of their limitations, whether it be about their knowledge of football or, the case in question, their English skills.

I am well aware that I have my own faults and limitations (many of them), but am fortunate in that I am able to converse and express myself in the English language.

Many people, both on this forum and elsewhere, have problems in expressing themselves in written English, and the reasons are numerous; including, inter alia, dyslexia and, of course, the fact that English is their second language.

I find many of your posts both interesting and amusing, especially some of your anecdotes about your football escapades at away matches many years ago or even (some of ?) your little jokes, but I also find some of them amusing because, well, because they are nonsensical, pythonesque even, and I consider such posts to be fair game for mocking ripostes.   

I can only repeat that I apologise if I have offended you, but rest assured I have meant no offence.