IGNORED

FIFA 2023 Women's World Cup

phantom

Just now, Denbury Red said:

There doesn’t seem to have been any plan - or at least second plan all game.

Too much passing without the final ball.

Not sure how much energy is left in their legs - assuming it goes to extra time

I think England’s best hope will be that Nigeria think they’ve done enough: better, stronger, 10v11 and all that - so they relax a bit. 

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

Under Sven 

Perfect summation. This manager is being proven to tactically inept now we don't have home advantage and are up against some proper opposition who have turned up to try and beat us. If I had to criticise Gareth for anything it would be that he sometimes goes too much on the tactical when the handbrake needs to be released a little bit.........as for James, if we do get through I'd send her home and if we get beat she wouldn't be appearing in any side of mine for a while.

This performance from the Women today is nothing similar to what the men have produced in recent times, even in defeat. It's a copy of England men from 15-20 years ago.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

She deserves criticism but not abuse. 

She deserves a spell out of the side to reflect on her selfishness and petulance.....to teach her the team is bigger and more important than she ever will be but not abuse from neanderthals on Twitter (that she will inevitably receive).

• Like 1

Just now, Numero Uno said:

She deserves a spell out of the side to reflect on her selfishness and petulance.....to teach her the team is bigger and more important than she ever will be but not abuse from neanderthals on Twitter (that she will inevitably receive).

She probably will, she had a flash of red mist fuelled by frustration,,, but why there have been no subs up until that to get her off and fresh legs on ive no idea!

4 minutes ago, Trueredsupporter said:

James was shite all game. Should have been off subbed. Shes off now and England are getting better without her.

No surprise. She has been playing her own egotistical game not the positional game of her team mates. A lability in possession and a passenger out of possession.  She should have been subbed as she was blowing out of her arse and knackered due to her ineffectual running. 

England can still win this. There is opportunity to play Hemp or Kelly in behind the opponents. Keep it, move and knock it in behind when necessary.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

She probably will, she had a flash of red mist fuelled by frustration,,, but why there have been no subs up until that to get her off and fresh legs on ive no idea!

Auto 3 match ban anyway so she would miss the final even if by some miracle we make it that far.

Edited by pillred

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

Random point.

I've notice that in this tournament, all teams have been placing the ball in the quadrant when taking corners. Not with just a millimetre of the ball on the line as the men do.

That's definitely a rule that needs looking at it's got almost to the p*ss-taking category now.

6 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

You don’t have any interest in women’s football, apparently 

I can just about watch England women but not any other lower level women’s football. I’d never actually pay to watch Citys women.

I wouldn’t go even it it was free. It holds no interest to me. I couldn’t name any of  City women’s players.