IGNORED

Supporter Dolman

Red Army 75

Leaving in a. Ambulance now. Don't know what happened but it was deemed safer to leave her in situ than to move her during the match. I hate to think what would have happened if Swansea had scored again and the medical staff got caught up in that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

From where I was sat in block b it looked like a steward approached the linesman, who then told him to get back over the hoarding. Wish whoever it was all the best, but seemed to me that the officials couldn’t give a shit. 

Premiership game definitely stops. Why he didn’t stop it **** knows 

1 minute ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Linesman and police should be ashamed of themselves. Took far too long for the medics to arrive. Hope the bloke who got wrestled to the floor going on the pitch to stop play doesn’t get banned. 

At one point Sykes was signalling to the ref to stop whist everyone was playing on. The Steward (?)and the linesman seemed to be having a heated discussion which ended with the steward looking frustrated and shrugging his shoulders. Didn't look good but there were plenty of stewards around who looked like they were doing their best.

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Premiership game definitely stops. Why he didn’t stop it **** knows 

Don’t know, but it seemed to me that the officials today were not enthused to be there today. The ref was ******* awful, wandering around the pitch, and the Lino in front of the dolman couldn’t keep up with play, let alone what was happening behind him. 

• Like 3

• Admin
Just now, Red Army 87 said:

Could be wrong, but have officials been instructed not to stop games this season? Hope the person involved recovers well. Horrible to see. 

The problem is if the St John's crew are dealing with a supporter and then a player gets injured what do they do? 

This was why games were being halted 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, One Team said:

Seemed to be a lot of upset fans around that incident. Looked like the fan who run wasn’t looking for trouble but trying to get the refs attention as the stewards weren’t? 

Exactly this.

Linesman was a disgrace, seemed to be saying it was nothing to do with him.

Definitely should have stopped the game until the situation was resolved & either treatment could take pace in situ, or the decision made to move the person.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

The problem is if the St John's crew are dealing with a supporter and then a player gets injured what do they do? 

This was why games were being halted 

Oh I agree, however I’m sure I read somewhere that this was the instruction. Not questioning the validity of stopping a game

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Exactly this.

Linesman was a disgrace, seemed to be saying it was nothing to do with him.

Definitely should have stopped the game until the situation was resolved & either treatment could take pace in situ, or the decision made to move the person.

Does anyone know what they are instructed to do? I’m not sure anyone knows going by this confused thread so far 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, RonWalker said:

There has been a concerted effort not to stop games for every medical incident this season but sounds like a common sense vacuum on this one. If in doubt, why wouldn't the officials play it safe!?

Should always stop the game with a medical emergency. Can’t believes it’s even open for debate 

Medical staff have a touch enough job without fans bouncing about screaming and shouting. Imagine if someone had scored - could slow up help getting to the person that needs it 

If the ref and assistant referees carried on knowing full well there was someone needing medical attention - they should be ashamed 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Don’t know, but it seemed to me that the officials today were not enthused to be there today. The ref was ******* awful, wandering around the pitch, and the Lino in front of the dolman couldn’t keep up with play, let alone what was happening behind him. 

you are surely joking? he was the best ref we’ve had this season!

perhaps you’d prefer andy davies or keith stroud?

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Premier ref, probably thought it was a bit beneath him. Contrast with WBA last season when the match was stopped twice for separate illness incidents. 

To be fair, and if I remember correctly, the game at West Brom wasn’t actually stopped: just delayed kick offs for both halfs. You’d hope that the ref is getting help and advice about what’s going on through his earpiece. It’s never going to be a simple as the referee making that call in isolation.

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Should always stop the game with a medical emergency. Can’t believes it’s even open for debate 

Medical staff have a touch enough job without fans bouncing about screaming and shouting. Imagine if someone had scored - could slow up help getting to the person that needs it 

If the ref and assistant referees carried on knowing full well there was someone needing medical attention - they should be ashamed 

Not if they are following instructions from their bosses 

4 minutes ago, frenchred said:

you are surely joking? he was the best ref we’ve had this season!

perhaps you’d prefer andy davies or keith stroud?

No, not joking. Perhaps you are impressed with the refs name, rather than his performance. 

I’m assuming you were  not in the ground today? Correct me if I’m wrong. 

Best ref this season was Madley. 

Edited by glynriley

18 minutes ago, glynriley said:

No, not joking. Perhaps you are impressed with the refs name, rather than his performance. 

I’m assuming you were  not in the ground today? Correct me if I’m wrong. 

Best ref this season was Madley. 

i couldn’t go today due to medical issue but watched it all on television. I stand by it, best we’ve had at ashton gate this season

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

At least Gary Owers with yet again awful commentary said a Swansea fan ran on the pitch and why would you do that,get rid of him and obviously hope the person is fine 

When ever I listen to Gary owers I always find he talks a lot of sense ,

just my opinion 

• Like 18