IGNORED

Pring today

Ziderarmy

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

We obviously don’t get to see him in training but Pearson has often not even put him on the bench which is odd when you see him today 

At least NP gave him some praise in is pre match comments.  I think it is clear that NP prefers JD over CP but after that showing today it will give food for thought. I would pick Cam Pring over Jay.. when we have a full back line to select from 

Edited by DT The Optimist
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

At least NP gave him some praise in is pre match comments.  I think it is clear that NP prefers JD over CP but after that showing today it will give food for thought. I would pick Cam Pring over Jay.. when we have a full back line to select from 

Pring grew into the game I thought, a few sloppy passes to start with, but gained confidence as the game grew & all 3 at the back did very well come the end. Regarding Jay, don’t think he got beat 1 v 1 all game (something Nige has mentioned recently ) & he gets touch tight quickly. Would personally have Jay over Pring in that left back/wing back position, but it’s good competition for them both. COYR 

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

Pring is full of power and pace which is the type of player Pearson likes. Thought Jay was ok today but when playing 3 games a week surely we should have seen more of Pring even if it was as a substitute.  Clever foul at the end which needed to happen. Well done Cam.

Edited by Shuffle
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Pring is full of power and pace which is the type of player Pearson likes. Thought Jay was ok today but when playing 3 games a week surely we should have seen more of Pring even if it was as a substitute.  Clever foul at the end which needed to happen. Ell done Cam.

He had to as DaSilva was just watching stood in no mans land not picking up the player 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simon79 said:

Pring grew into the game I thought, a few sloppy passes to start with, but gained confidence as the game grew & all 3 at the back did very well come the end. Regarding Jay, don’t think he got beat 1 v 1 all game (something Nige has mentioned recently ) & he gets touch tight quickly. Would personally have Jay over Pring in that left back/wing back position, but it’s good competition for them both. COYR 

Jay let that player get a shot off just before half time from that chipped ball in - my issue with him Is his awful delivery from good positions constantly 

Really good, blocked a fair few efforts, was solid in the tackle & decent in the air.

Pleased for him, I’m not convinced he’s had a fair crack of the whip at times but he did all that he could today.

As an aside thought Tanner was impressive too, despite being the RCB he also got in 2 excellent crosses & was defensively sound.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

We obviously don’t get to see him in training but Pearson has often not even put him on the bench which is odd when you see him today 

Someone i get gossip from in south stand sais he had a falling with Pearson and was in talks with Cardiff in the window to replace one of their injured left backs. 

I guess there are two ways of looking at it.

Either Pring has been hard done by and Pearson isn't a fan. Possible I guess.

Or whatever Pearson has done or asked Pring to do to get his chance seems to have worked, as he's now consistently around the squad and putting in good performances. Good management in other words!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I guess there are two ways of looking at it.

Either Pring has been hard done by and Pearson isn't a fan. Possible I guess.

Or whatever Pearson has done or asked Pring to do to get his chance seems to have worked, as he's now consistently around the squad and putting in good performances. Good management in other words!

Not so sure why NP should always get the benefit of the doubt?  I thought at times he also made a few questionable answers during  the Forum?   He may be manager............but that does   not make him infalliable?

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Zak for me but he was a close second.

Pring.

Vyner.

O’Leary.

Men of the match. The three of them.

Walking back through Ashton Vale we quietly scoffed at two buffoons who thought that it would be good when Naismith is back.

**** me. I nearly choked on me post-match Subway…..

1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Someone referenced his "lung-busting run" late in the game.

That's the sort of commitment and energy we want to see from every player, every game.

It was me! And Williams blew it, following Cam's pass. Thought Cam was great today, solid, unruffled and terrific in the tackle. Not forgetting his beautiful rugby tackle near the end. 

3 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Pring.

Vyner.

O’Leary.

Men of the match. The three of them.

Walking back through Ashton Vale we quietly scoffed at two buffoons who thought that it would be good when Naismith is back.

**** me. I nearly choked on me post-match Subway…..

You can’t see that Naismith improves the team?

We’ll never agree on on anything will we. Decent ref ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

You can’t see that Naismith improves the team?

We’ll never agree on on anything will we. Decent ref ?

You aren’t stalking me are you? ?

Naismith on his own won’t. He’s lost us more points than he’s gained. He’d be first on my team sheet if he had a Kalas or Klose in behind him.

He’s great at bringing the ball out but defensively he needs someone in behind him.

Ask yourself this. If he’s that good or as good as he thinks he is why’s he here?

#iloveandre ?

1 minute ago, BigAl&Toby said:

You aren’t stalking me are you? ?

Naismith on his own won’t. He’s lost us more points than he’s gained. He’d be first on my team sheet if he had a Kalas or Klose in behind him.

He’s great at bringing the ball out but defensively he needs someone in behind him.

Ask yourself this. If he’s that good or as good as he thinks he is why’s he here?

#iloveandre ?

Not stalking you, no. Just trying to educate pork. 

22 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Not so sure why NP should always get the benefit of the doubt?  I thought at times he also made a few questionable answers during  the Forum?   He may be manager............but that does   not make him infalliable?

When he's out the side that's Pearson's fault, when he's in the side and playing well that's also apparently a negative reflection on him.

I don't know what happened, but it's possible isn't it? What do you think has happened?