IGNORED

Pring today

Ziderarmy

I'm a fan, I think he should not only have been involved more, I think he should have started a lot of games this year
That said, Pearson has said if you have the shirt and perform, you keep the shirt. Fair enough I guess, and Nige is the one who decides if a player has performed. I know there is a question over his ability to last a full 90, but today shows what he can add to the team. 
The questions about him being dropped from the bench are something in nothing if you have listened to Nige interviews. He picks the bench on a game by game system. We have players that can play several positions, that means we can in certain games get more Midfielders or more Strikers on the bench . It sometimes means Pring misses out. I'm willing to take Pearson at his word for this. 
For me, Pring should be the the perfect Pearson player. Height, Pace, power and can deliver a decent cross. As it stands, JD is ahead of him, it can't be by much and todays performance must put him closer to a regular start.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Is that the best you can do?

Oh dear. You think Naismith - on his own - is the answer? **** me…

Yeah, that’s what I said.!! Perhaps you should let Toby manage your account. 

He must be the brains of the outfit. 

45 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

When he's out the side that's Pearson's fault, when he's in the side and playing well that's also apparently a negative reflection on him.

I don't know what happened, but it's possible isn't it? What do you think has happened?

I think on occasions NP is prone to having his favourites, and for some reason that we are not party to, he seems to unconditionally pick JD Silva, yet ignore's Pring's attributes.  Obviously i have no insider knowledge, and have no idea what goes on in training.  I believe in general NP is a  good solid manager, but he also comes across      as very set in his ways, and is possibly inclined to blinkered thinking at times?   Then again i might be talking bollocks...Ha!

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 1

Pring man of the match today. 

I actually commented to @Bristol Robbefore the game that, with Atkinson being a late drop out, that having Pring and Tanner in might actually suit us better against Swansea’s front players, who would be smaller, quicker, more nimble, good movement etc. 

I think this showed a few times, where Obafemi got behind down our left on occasions, but Pring had the pace and strength to recover and tackle. Much as he’s been good, I think Atkinson wouldn’t have been able to make those same recoveries. 
The late change to the line up actually played in our favour I think as it made the match-ups more even. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Pring man of the match today. 

I actually commented to @Bristol Robbefore the game that, with Atkinson being a late drop out, that having Pring and Tanner in might actually suit us better against Swansea’s front players, who would be smaller, quicker, more nimble, good movement etc. 

I think this showed a few times, where Obafemi got behind down our left on occasions, but Pring had the pace and strength to recover and tackle. Much as he’s been good, I think Atkinson wouldn’t have been able to make those same recoveries. 
The late change to the line up actually played in our favour I think as it made the match-ups more even. 

You did. And I managed to stay awake for the entire game without needing a nap!

Broken now, mind.

19 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

At least NP gave him some praise in is pre match comments.  I think it is clear that NP prefers JD over CP but after that showing today it will give food for thought. I would pick Cam Pring over Jay.. when we have a full back line to select from 

Yes pring can deliver the ball over head height stronger than desilva pring mustave upset pearson in the past .

I have been told that Cam is one of those players who always claims there is something wrong with them, not a sick note exactly more a hypochondriac. He will claim something is hurting one minute and then complete a lung busting run the next. 

Maybe Pearson hasn't much time for people who cry wolf?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29/10/2022 at 16:29, Rob k said:

Jay let that player get a shot off just before half time from that chipped ball in - my issue with him Is his awful delivery from good positions constantly 

Just before half-time, the free kick? Outnumbered 2 to 1, someone let their man go. I agree his delivery could be better at times, but I would definitely say the movement in the box could be so much better. Remember one point yesterday, Conway & Semenyo both going to the front post, a lack of communication, a lack of playing together, who knows, but you can get a lot of tap-ins arriving at the far post late. He also had a big part in the goal yesterday. COYR 

On 29/10/2022 at 18:31, BigAl&Toby said:

You aren’t stalking me are you? ?

Naismith on his own won’t. He’s lost us more points than he’s gained. He’d be first on my team sheet if he had a Kalas or Klose in behind him.

He’s great at bringing the ball out but defensively he needs someone in behind him.

Ask yourself this. If he’s that good or as good as he thinks he is why’s he here?

#iloveandre ?

Naismith is quality but just as fans say Vyner makes mistakes, so does Naismith.