IGNORED

Forever Bristol City Podcast - Swansea [H]

Curr Avon

The verdict - City deserving of more from entertaining game

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/swansea-h-the-verdict-city-deserving-of-more-from-entertaining-game/

Ian, Mark & DaveFevs join DaveP in reviewing a decent display against a team in form who, quite honestly, flattered to deceive despite having 72% possession.

Injury & illness meant City started with a back three of Tanner, Vyner & Pring. Whilst it might have been different against more physical opposition as a trio they did very well with Pring voted as MOM.

When Tommy Conway put City in front with a well worked goal it was just reward for a sparkling opening, indeed, if early chances been converted the game would have been won before the half hour mark. 

Perhaps it wasn't the worldy described by DaveP but the power drive that took a deflection for an equaliser was no more than Swansea deserved as City were somewhat lack lustre for the last 20 minutes.

In this episode we talk briefly about club finances, ponder whether we'd like to watch a possession based style as displayed by Russell Martin's side and assess our chances in the final three league games before the World Cup break starting against Sheffield United on Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

12 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

The verdict - City deserving of more from entertaining game

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/swansea-h-the-verdict-city-deserving-of-more-from-entertaining-game/

Ian, Mark & DaveFevs join DaveP in reviewing a decent display against a team in form who, quite honestly, flattered to deceive despite having 72% possession.

Injury & illness meant City started with a back three of Tanner, Vyner & Pring. Whilst it might have been different against more physical opposition as a trio they did very well with Pring voted as MOM.

When Tommy Conway put City in front with a well worked goal it was just reward for a sparkling opening, indeed, if early chances been converted the game would have been won before the half hour mark. 

Perhaps it wasn't the worldy described by DaveP but the power drive that took a deflection for an equaliser was no more than Swansea deserved as City were somewhat lack lustre for the last 20 minutes.

In this episode we talk briefly about club finances, ponder whether we'd like to watch a possession based style as displayed by Russell Martin's side and assess our chances in the final three league games before the World Cup break starting against Sheffield United on Tuesday.

Thought it was a good pod this week, not sure who the guy was who came in halfway through , is he new? Thought he was a good addition to the Pod

A much better pod for several reasons , but mainly because Mr Rude maintained some manners , and , interestingly spoke completely differently without his scatter gun negativity.

Whether that was Fevs presence , or the message about his persona has had an impact (I suspect Fevs presence as he was better behaved when Chris Honour was on the pod) ,

it made for a much , much , better pod

Even Mark managed to speak , and get across his views , without being interrupted or talked down

it was slightly amusing to hear a positive outlook , after a home daw , ....no calls for Pearson’s head etc (This week at least) , when you compare to recent reactions

I’ve said before a much better pod when Fevs , Neil or Les are on it, for a number of reasons 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

What did I do / miss?

You said  something along the lines of "Perhaps we should give Nigel some praise for the way he set the team up." There was an initial silence as though you had farted in church followed by a little hmm from Dave P. Ian was stoney silent and Mark took the reigns to speak but then wandered off subject.

I did enjoy the pod as Shelts says above it helps when Ian is not so rude.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

You said  something along the lines of "Perhaps we should give Nigel some praise for the way he set the team up." There was an initial silence as though you had farted in church followed by a little hmm from Dave P. Ian was stoney silent and Mark took the reigns to speak but then wandered off subject.

I did enjoy the pod as Shelts says above it helps when Ian is not so rude.

Ah, yes. Ta.

Yep.........Great pod.......keep up the good work. As someone who tends to listen to all 3 main podcasts, I would say u are maintaining a good standard, and are definitely the best of the lot.  Send the money in a plain brown envelope, please .         PS.Make sure u keep inviting Dave F

• Like 1

Just now, maxjak said:

Yep.........Great pod.......keep up the good work. As someone who tends to listen to all 3 main podcasts, I would say u are maintaining a good standard, and are definitely the best of the lot.  Send the money in a plain brown envelope, please .         PS.Make sure u keep inviting Dave F

Dave P always invites me, it’s family commitments that stops me.

• Like 1