IGNORED

FBC POD: Sheff Utd. [H] the verdict ..... "play like we did in the first half and the play offs are on" Ian !!

headhunter

Never let it be said that we are wholly negative on this podcast after arch-critic Ian Gay came up with the quote in the title of our latest episode which you can listen to here or on Spotify, Google or Apple: https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/sheff-utd-h-the-verdict-sheffield-steal-spoils/

In this topsy turvy division I guess anything is possible but Ian's positive view is surely a minority one?

DaveP hosts Neil, Ian & Mark in discussing how City played well again but again failed to be rewarded for their efforts.

Another sloppy goal conceded, a misfiring forward line but the woodwork hit twice and Alex Scott perhaps back to his best.

Disgraceful performance from ref in 2nd half and shithousery from Sheffield of the highest order although, as Ian put it, is game management when we do it!

We remain a work in progress but should we be looking over our shoulders at the chasing pack whilst still believing a play off place is still there for the taking.

We look forward to the 3 games before the World Cup break and, assuming everyone is fit in December how should Kal Naismith be accommodated as "reliable defender" he is not 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, headhunter said:

Never let it be said that we are wholly negative on this podcast after arch-critic Ian Gay came up with the quote in the title of our latest episode which you can listen to here or on Spotify, Google or Apple: https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/sheff-utd-h-the-verdict-sheffield-steal-spoils/

In this topsy turvy division I guess anything is possible but Ian's positive view is surely a minority one?

DaveP hosts Neil, Ian & Mark in discussing how City played well again but again failed to be rewarded for their efforts.

Another sloppy goal conceded, a misfiring forward line but the woodwork hit twice and Alex Scott perhaps back to his best.

Disgraceful performance from ref in 2nd half and shithousery from Sheffield of the highest order although, as Ian put it, is game management when we do it!

We remain a work in progress but should we be looking over our shoulders at the chasing pack whilst still believing a play off place is still there for the taking.

We look forward to the 3 games before the World Cup break and, assuming everyone is fit in December how should Kal Naismith be accommodated as "reliable defender" he is not 

Bless. Has Robbored increased the dosage? 

Joking apart

I have said many times I like Ian’s passion. I know he takes it hard and personal. However I think somebody/others reigning him in improves the show. 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

WTF

Yeah I know. Just brush over it Dave!

7 hours ago, headhunter said:

Dave - I'm surprised you didn't title this particular pod 'shithousery' - it was a bit overkill! :laugh:!

• Haha 1

On 02/11/2022 at 16:47, W-S-M Seagull said:

Ian didn't seem impressed with Scott, despite many of us believing that was one of Scott's best performances for us. 

Ian wouldn't be impressed if we signed Messi.?.........he'd say he doesn't tackle back enough?  Didn't think anyone could be more downbeat than the Gaymeister?      But having just listened to the Boro'  podcast.......It's obvious to hear that Les is also a little ray of sunshine? ?

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

Ian wouldn't be impressed if we signed Messi.?.........he'd say he doesn't tackle back enough?  Didn't think anyone could be more downbeat than the Gaymeister?      But having just listened to the Boro'  podcast.......It's obvious to hear that Les is also a little ray of sunshine? ?

You do realise that we were crap and have 9 points from the last 36?

Edited by aa_bcfc

We played well against Sheffield United, and were very unfortunate to lose, we played terribly against 'Boro, yet we got a point. That is the nature of the Championship?  Also it is the circumstances that we find ourselves in, financially crippled and unable to field the  side that i am sure Pearson would like to play? Who knows, we may play superbly against Watford?  To use sweeping statements like "we were crap" is pointless, if you have nothing constructive or insightful to say........then why even bother?  If your going to criticise, may i suggest Ashton and Lansdown would be worthy targets? ???

• Like 2

4 hours ago, maxjak said:

If you have nothing constructive or insightful to say then why even bother?

2 hours ago, aa_bcfc said:

If you have nothing constructive or insightful to say then why even bother?

Ah Ha!  How ground breakingly original...........funnily enough  i had a parrot once, unfortunately he died, I miss the fact that he constantly repeated everything i said.    I then of course came to realise, that although he was sweet, he had no real intelligence, but just sadly regurgitated whatever he heard.  His name was Pesky, you remind me of him.........thanks tor that. .

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, maxjak said:

Marcelo Bielsa once famously said when he scouted Messi he felt he wasn't good enough in the air ?

I had to turn this weeks off. 

Just by listening to it you'd have thought we were cut off adrift at the bottom of the table and that it was the worst we had ever played. 

I thought it was a really good solid point from a game we should have lost. We've all spoken about not getting anything out of these type of games before and on Saturday we did get a point and still that's not good enough? 

I actually felt quite down after listening to half of it so had to switch it off.