IGNORED

Adam Webster going to the World Cup?

Touch_my_butter

56 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

I find Webster's ratings funny. I not often watch him for Brighton and possibly I am alone in my view that I did rate him much playing for us.

Oh how we all see things so differently with football 

Didn’t rate him for us? How so?

6 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

I find Webster's ratings funny. I not often watch him for Brighton and possibly I am alone in my view that I did rate him much playing for us.

You probably are alone if you didn’t rate Webster. He was only at City for a season and was a real class act - one of the best CBs I’ve see in a City shirt.

• Like 3

35-55 man squads have to be named as a FIFA requirement before naming your actual squad for the tournament, the previous cap was 35 but was increased this time round. 

Southgate was ridiculed when all the original headlines came out about it but nations like Germany/Spain have done exactly the same - That's just two I've seen, wouldn't surprise me if every nation did the maximum amount.

Can't see Webster making it, but I wonder if we have a small fee add on for X amount of England appearances. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Fair enough for admitting that, but I thought quite the opposite. His partnership with Kalas was outstanding for us in 18/19 season and was the main reason we should have been in the playoffs come the end of it.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

You probably are alone if you didn’t rate Webster. He was only at City for a season and was a real class act - one of the best CBs I’ve see in a City shirt.

Yes I know my opinion was not a common feeling. And I can't Remeber specifics . He just did not impress me . 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1

30 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Cant remember specifics. Just never filled me with and confidence in his displays 

Again just my thoughts and I know against the common view 

53- Webster

68 Extrapolated

No prizes for guessing what those numbers are but shows how good he was defensively plus of course his fantastic ball playing skills

2 hours ago, phantom said:

No

Simple answer, not ready for this tour, it's another big step up playing International football from the premier league 

Really- do you mean in terms of pressure and mentality required at the ultimate stage?

As I would guess probably up to quarters but more likely semi final stage he would probably be more tested in the premier league week in week out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phantom said:

No

Simple answer, not ready for this tour, it's another big step up playing International football from the premier league 

It’s an interesting one. He’s about 27 so he needs to be ready for that step up soon if he is ever going to take it. But he is obviously untested.

I strongly doubt he will go but virtually all England’s first choice central defenders are unfit, out of form, out of the team or a combination of all three. But very few replacements have been tried. 

Webster won’t go, and I don’t think I think he should go, but I suspect I will rate some of those that do go far less than I rate Webster.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Cant remember specifics. Just never filled me with and confidence in his displays 

Again just my thoughts and I know against the common view 

Not rated Webster? Well, you are correct with one thing, it isn't the common view of the majority. A confident ball playing centre back who was never flustered. When he scored at Boro away there's a pretty iconic picture of him celebrating the goal and Flint looking bemused presumably because he lost him.

A top player, who should be in the England set up. We were lucky to have had him even for one season.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Super said:

How many CB's are we likely to take 5?

Expect they will be Maguire, Stones, Coady Dier and one other.

Ben White perhaps, who can cover multiple positions, though Southgate doesn't seem to rate him. More likely Mings, who is not as good as Webster imo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Ben White perhaps, who can cover multiple positions, though Southgate doesn't seem to rate him. More likely Mings, who is not as good as Webster imo.

I forgot about Mings. Hopefully Southgate has as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3