IGNORED

NP use's Brandy as motivation.......and it works!

maxjak

Just watched "Football's Great Escape"..........The incredible Goalkeeper, Jimmy Glass, and his moment of fame!  I had not realised that NP was the manager of Carlisle in 1999, when they they played Plymouth in the last match of the season?  As i am certain that many of you are aware, Carlisle needed a better result than Scarborough in the very last game of the season, and triumphed 2-1 in the 94th minute!!  Jimmy was the scorer, coming up to the opposition's penalty area and tucking away a rebound, and saving the club from relegation to the Conference.   The aspect's that stuck with me were, the announcer at first thought a spectator had run on the pitch and put the ball in the net, as he forgot that Jimmy was wearing a red n' back kit!?...........and that NP passed round a bottle of brandy in the dressing room as the team   prepared to take the field..Ha!   Something for our squad to look forward to?.........come the end of the season?    

Edited by maxjak

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

Just watched "Football's Great Escape"..........The incredible Goalkeeper, Jimmy Glass, and his moment of fame!  I had not realised that NP was the manager of Carlisle in 1999, when they they played Plymouth in the last match of the season?  As i am certain that many of you are aware, Carlisle needed a better result than Scarborough in the very last game of the season, and triumphed 2-1 in the 94th minute!!  Jimmy was the scorer, coming up to the opposition's penalty area and tucking away a rebound, and saving the club from relegation to the Conference.   The aspect's that stuck with me were, the announcer at first thought a spectator had run on the pitch and put the ball in the net, as he forgot that Jimmy was wearing a red n' back kit!?...........and that NP passed round a bottle of brandy in the dressing room as the team   prepared to take the field..Ha!   Something for our squad to look forward to?.........come the end of the season?    

Nigel even wrote a song about it...

Oh, Brandy
Well, you came
And you gave without taking
But I sent you away
Oh, Brandy
Well, you kissed me
And stopped me from shaking
And I need you today
Oh, Brandy